Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Air Cleaners
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Double-D

Dsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographic
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Where did you get the fittings? Are the brass fittings npt? That's what I'm running into. Plumbing or auto supply?

I found them at an Ace Hardware...Lowes & Home Depot didn't have the size I wanted.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg06 View Post
Yes they are brass. You should be able to get them at either place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanchez View Post
I found them at an Ace Hardware...Lowes & Home Depot didn't have the size I wanted.

To be clear, did you use SAE taps or NPT taps for the fittings?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Double-D

Dsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographic
Warren

Quote:
To be clear, did you use SAE taps or NPT taps for the fittings?

NPT

Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Looked at all the plumbing houses and lowes etc. Some had one of this or that. I went to Graingers and ordered stuff in stainless.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...x=0&submit.y=0

Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Looked at all the plumbing houses and lowes etc. Some had one of this or that. I went to Graingers and ordered stuff in stainless.

Just got mine. They accidentally sent me 2 of the Tee's. I believe I'll return one... (unless somebody here wants one)

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Pretty pricey!!??
Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

That's the way my Doherty Intake is designed.

If you look close you can see some plack tubing running behind the front Pushrod tubes, that goes down under the bike.

Works great.

Nice work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doherty.jpg (89.3 KB, 53 views)

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Just got mine. They accidentally sent me 2 of the Tee's. I believe I'll return one... (unless somebody here wants one)
me, me....I don't know why it's so hard to get 3/8 oil line over a 3/8's barbed tee, BUT IT IS.

BTW,

I have about 700 miles since I did the mod. No sign of any oil at the drain line. So far, only a little water.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
me, me....I don't know why it's so hard to get 3/8 oil line over a 3/8's barbed tee, BUT IT IS.

BTW,

I have about 700 miles since I did the mod. No sign of any oil at the drain line. So far, only a little water.
Well, your bike is green.

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Natural born delinquent

Here's what I did...

Pic 1: The routing

Pic 2: Used a plastic covered clip to keep at the tranny to keep the bend in the line and 3:1 double-walled heat shrink. Ran the heat shrink to the end cause I had it - and it's fun to shrink.

BTW, I couldn't find the SS bolt when I was doing the clutch cable a while back. I have since found it...

Pic 3: Ran the tube along the inside of the frame. Figgur I can tell if it's working if there's oil all over my rim

Pic 4: Behind the backplate. I used the free Tee.

Pic 5: Rear breather tube. Can't really tell but I polished the fittings a bit with a dremel and Flitz. Shined up pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0559.JPG (260.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0563.JPG (229.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0564.JPG (219.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0565.JPG (201.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0568.JPG (262.0 KB, 36 views)

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-16-2009, 08:42 PM

Nice job Tim.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Double-D

Nice

I guess your's is the pimped version of mine ?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Natural born delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanchez View Post
I guess your's is the pimped version of mine ?

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Double-D

Well now...

Your last response was the most appropriate I've seen in a while...