Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:53 AM
GrayRider

Calculating RPM's without a tach

Click here, fill in the blanks and the calculations will be done for you.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:54 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Cool, now if I just knew how many teeth on the sprockets

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
If you were in West Virginia, it would be easy.

One, singular...tooth...

Just sayin'...

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
I tried doing the calculations today on my trip to the city, but every time I took my hand off the throttle to work the calculator, my speed changed.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
If its stock primary gearing, look in your parts book and get the part number. Plug the part number into Zanotti's HD online parts or Chicago HD online parts pages and it may have the tooth count in the description. Or you could always just pull the outer primary cover and have a look.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Gray...thanks for the no help.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I have an excel spreadsheet, I was given. If anyone is interested. PM and I will email.

Last edited by Berserker; 01-28-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Road Glider

If you are going 70 mph on a 2006 or earlier twin cam you are at 3000 rpms. That is all you need to know about rpms.

Well maybe one more thing. If you twist the throtle on a 2006 or earlier twin cam and it starts to cut off you need to shift to a higher gear.

That is all.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Glider View Post
If you are going 70 mph on a 2006 or earlier twin cam you are at 3000 rpms. That is all you need to know about rpms.

Well maybe one more thing. If you twist the throtle on a 2006 or earlier twin cam and it starts to cut off you need to shift to a higher gear.

That is all.

A 2:1 eliminates the need to shift to a higher gear on the 2006 and older models.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Glider View Post

That is all.
Theres a rev limiter in 07s too. I bumped mine a little but not to 6200. Your mostly likely out of tq curve, and just motor can do it, doesn't mean its great for it.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
is there a way to use this while ridding my bike in a snow and hail storm
Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

So are you saying all those guys who say their Harley's can do 150mph is lying?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
So are you saying all those guys who say their Harley's can do 150mph is lying?
is or are
Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

"Burger King moto"

Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
I can do the math, but it's easier to look at the tach.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"