Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Cloud Riders > General Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Talk It's "tawk", sweet cheeks.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Both y'all better carrying your asses to ES cause I want to race you through Ohio.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Both y'all better carrying your asses to ES cause I want to race you through Ohio.
Careful on, "The Curve", I've heard it's pretty intense.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Russ can get you a tickee....I doubt I will be along
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
We will not be going through Ohio to get to ES. I rode through Canada to get to Tony Pacos in order to avoid as much of Ohio as I could.

ES is a lock for me.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Rough estimate on gas expense for ~3K miles @ $3 per gallon is $225. Add another $100 for 2 hotels at $50 a night and the flight is a better option.
I'd make the hotel closer $75.00 a night, or more. Another $30-40 a day for meals (4 days) and you'll probably have to buy breakfast as I doubt there are many $50.00 hotels that provide a decent breakfast.

Fuel $225, Hotel $170 (w/taxes), Food/incidentals: $120.00
Seeing friends along the way, priceless. Even better if you can crash on the couch.

My estimate $500.00 +/-, plus your going to spend close to 8 hours driving to/from the airport, waiting to check in and security, boarding flight and waiting on luggage.

I also understand the desire Russ has to "do" the ride, AND have his own bike in Texas, not a rental bike that your not familiar with and could be a wollowing pig in the twisties as compared to the suspension on the BPOS.

Kimber

Old 01-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
We will not be going through Ohio to get to ES. I rode through Canada to get to Tony Pacos in order to avoid as much of Ohio as I could.

ES is a lock for me.
I wouldn't ride through Ohio either. Take 64 through WV, KN, or get off the interstate and take the primary highways.

Kimber

Old 01-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
I wouldn't ride through Ohio either. Take 64 through WV, KN, or get off the interstate and take the primary highways.
Yup. If we're boogieing, we'll take 68 to 79 (which is 100+ miles of high-speed sweepers through the mountains) to 64. If we're moseying, we'll take the BRP to 33 to something or other.....

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Yup. If we're boogieing, we'll take 68 to 79 (which is 100+ miles of high-speed sweepers through the mountains) to 64..
Yup, when dry and no LE presence, that is a great stretch.

Kimber