Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 02-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Another *Gorgeous riding day but, alas, this is me today
(Fishing for sympathy)

So anyway, I'm reminded of this thread not because of the home repair but my little rant about the local dealer, which changed hands recently and is now called Roughneck HD. I rode by there yesterday to talk with my parts guru about some hard-to-find widget and the place was as busy as I've seen it, with *almost* as many customers as salesmen. While we were talking, suddenly a PA announcement (I didn't even know they had a PA) "are you ready, Roughnecks?" And repeated like a cheerleader and the crowd answers YEAh! And then " we want to welcome Mr. XYZ to the family, with a 2016 Street Glide Special!!!!" And then EVERYBODY hoots and hollers, a drum is banged and, bells ring while every member of the staff simultaneously blasts horns on a dozen bikes on the floor for like ten seconds!!! My Lord, what a cacophony!!!
It was a flashback to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor! While I was there, they did this TWICE more!
Obviously, they're doing something right, but all I wanted was to GET OUTTA there!
Surprised the most, by the other customers' participation, I then fully expected a flash dance or at least a line dance to the Cotton-eyed Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
I will do most things myself around the house EXCEPT mudding..... My buddies that are in the business of banging up board are too skilled, too fast, along with no clean up. Probably one of the most underpaid trades out there...

Dirk
Old 02-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Here is a Canuck who knows his way around mud......

Dirk

Old 02-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
That drywall art is amazing.

Ricky; It's supposed to be on the wall.

Seriously, get yourself one of those drywall bags for the shop vac and for $20.00, the drywall sander hose attachment. You'll thank me later.

Kimber

Old 02-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I got a dustless drywall sander from Home Depot many years ago.

It's a five gallon bucket with a lid. You fill the bucket about a third of the way with water and attach the lid.

The lid has two ports: one goes to the sanding attachment hose, the other to a shop vac.

In theory, the shop vac draws the dust through the sanding hose and into the bucket. The dust then settles into the water.

It works pretty well.

You still get some dust, but not nearly as much as you would dry sanding.

The sanding pad uses regular drywall sanding screens.

There's a suction adjuster on it, too. Too much suction causes the sanding pad to stick to the filler.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I learned my lesson years ago. I don't float and tape. That finish work is no fun. Nailing it up isn't so bad.

I just got back from riding all afternoon. I even stopped at a flea market and looked around for awhile and then finally stopped at the grocery store on my way home. It was starting to get dark you know. It sure is nice that I don't have to go home and get the truck. I can put a whole lot more groceries than I need, or can afford, in the hack.

Now it is time to make some supper.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-14-2016, 06:51 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Another *Gorgeous riding day but, alas, this is me today
(Fishing for sympathy)

Obviously, they're doing something right, but all I wanted was to GET OUTTA there!
Surprised the most, by the other customers' participation, I then fully expected a flash dance or at least a line dance to the Cotton-eyed Joe.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be a Harley gimmick right now for it's dealers cause they do the sAme thing at MAD River HD in Sandusky. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened. Horns all went off and this guy is yelling over the PA system. Felt like I was in a cult or something.

oh and just to keep in mind, if you get pulled over looking like that it's a mandatory drug test. Just say'n...

Old 02-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Hella cool driveway Ricky. No garage here, and I'm still driving, riding, working and walking on dirt. And now riding a "dirt" bike till scoot is back up to snuff. Glad to have the Zuk!

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 02-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I stumbled across a pic that better illustrates the impetus behind the driveway.
I just had to share it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Asphalt driveway pic.jpg (103.6 KB, 21 views)

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-25-2016, 05:00 PM
Harry The M

Last Cigar Smoked: Spare Tire
Harry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Very Nice !!!!