Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 07-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
And........so, this Other Thing is Happening

On a side note: sometimes you'll surprise yourself with an ability to do something that you never knew or thought that you could. In fact, something you never would've *tried*.... but then succeeded anyway!

I have *never* had Karate lessons (or any other such training).
So, of course, were someone to ask "can you break that board over there, just using one hand, foot, whatever?" I'd have to suggest that I'd have to use the hand that had the SkilSaw in it.

But a week ago, quite unexpectedly (natch), I managed to cleanly and in only one try, snap this 2x6x20 #2 Southern Yellow Pine board right in two!

Using only one leg to do it!

What I needed, to do this just right, was velocity!

Unable to generate much of that these days on my own, I used Gravity to do the work!
Something-something-9.8 meters per second squared.
Working on a 10' long board that was 16' up and the other end came lose, pendulum effect, immediate "ladder-sweep" action and I was set free and on the way to my first Karate lesson!
Snapped that big ol' board right in two!
Using this> leg

Surprisingly, (I mean SERIOUSLY surprised!) no broken bits on me!
I mean, yeah boy, it hurts, but I was back on the task in ten.

Anyway, you just never know what you might be capable of!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-04-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
I'm glad you had sense enough to take a break and take a ride.

I wish you were right..... just old pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-04-2017, 07:39 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Damn Ricky! Be careful please

Old 07-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Working on a 10' long board that was 16' up and the other end came lose, pendulum effect, immediate "ladder-sweep" action and I was set free and on the way to my first Karate lesson!
16' up you say.. Mighty lucky their Ricky.. Don't push your luck.

Kimber

Old 07-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ouch!

Did you remember some of your French?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Stop that shit before you break an important board.

Curt

Old 07-06-2017, 03:37 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Stop that shit before you break an important board.
^^^This^^^

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Yay! *HALF* of the roof is up there!!!
This this is getting much closer to being a building !!

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Gettin' warm

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I felt bad because I can't get up there to help; but, it sure looks like you have a better helper than me and you have all that equipment to use, so I would probably be more in the way than helpful at this point.

Are you going to wire it or have it done?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 07-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Those boom lifts are the greatest thing to have around at times.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

And........so, this Other Thing is Happening

The roof is on!
More trim and s bazillion screws to go, but the heavy lifting is done.
I'm gonna wire it, haven't decided if I'll add any plumbing.
Allie is a fantastic helper. Never complains, takes on ANY job, works harder than me, by a long shot! She's pretty incredible. She had to take a break for a time because of schoolwork. She's a Senior at UT Tyler, mechanical Engineering.
She has a summer class for 3D/cad and she just smoked the final on it Wednesday. Did I mention.... she made Dean's list, again?
She ahhsum!

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-09-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's really coming together nicely Ricky!

Old 07-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
The roof is on!
More trim and s bazillion screws to go, but the heavy lifting is done.
I'm gonna wire it, haven't decided if I'll add any plumbing.
Allie is a fantastic helper. Never complains, takes on ANY job, works harder than me, by a long shot! She's pretty incredible. She had to take a break for a time because of schoolwork. She's a Senior at UT Tyler, mechanical Engineering.
She has a summer class for 3D/cad and she just smoked the final on it Wednesday. Did I mention.... she made Dean's list, again?
She ahhsum!

Allie is an amazing lady, an awesome daughter and mother!

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Can the shed project count as extra credit?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...