Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Cereal Killer

BarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Great South H-D in Newnan, GA

It's literally been years since I've darkened the doors of any H-D dealership, generally because everything inside seems to be plated in 24k gold and is prcied thusly, and because of the attitude I found at most dealerships. You know the one - "We are H-D, you need us, we don't need YOU".

Well, whilst questing for a new scoot, I go online and search some possibles near me. Google being my friend and all I found several. I looked at the pics online from individuals and then scoured the web sites of some dealers I'd known of from back in the day. A couple of the dealerships had some interesting bikes, but had the dreaded "Call For Price". Crap. Know what that means. Trolling for customer info and hard sale tactics. Ok, I'll bite. So I call a couple and endure the smarmy sales dudes and listen to why their bikes being priced so high is such a good deal for me. With my fears confirmed I nearly give up on buying used from a dealer.

Then, I widen my virtual fish net and cast a bit further out. I stumble upon a dealer in Newnan, GA called Great South H-D. I've never heard of these guys. I take a stroll around the site and see a pretty cherry 2008 Dyna Super Glide. In black. (Big Plus!). Price is listed (none of that Call for Price BS). So, intrigued I send an email to the "inquiry" address. I was answered promptly by Kelley Heath. No pressure, just seemed happy to answer my questions. We back and forthed a few more emails and I decided to call him the next week. I had some time available so I drove up to take a look and test ride the bike. Everything was agreeable, Kelley was the model of respect and worked very well with me to make the deal I was comfortable with. So I bought it! Put a downpayment and made arrangements for some forward controls and scheduled the pick up day to coincide with some other business I had to handle in Atlanta a few days later in the week.

Mrs. BarAndShield and myself drove up on the appointed day and were struck with a monsoon-like series of thunderstorms moving through the state. We had to pull off the road and seek shelter at one point for about an hour. We finally made it to Great South, and paid the balance. The bike looked great; forward controls really make it comfortable for me. Mrs. BarAndShield (and maybe me too a little bit ) was pretty concerned about me trying to ride all the way back home in the downpour with wind we'd just driven through so we told Kelley we may have to stay the night with nearby family and pick up the bike the next day. Kelley understands our concerns and excuses himself for a moment. When he comes back he tells us that Great South Will deliver the bike to me for FREE.

This is about a $150 freebie as I live well outside their normal delivery area. Bike arrived a few days later, on time and lookin' good.

Everyone I had contact with at Great South from the salesman Kelley Heath (can't give him enough props), to the guys in service to the nice lady who gave me a couple of T shirts to the sales manager treated me extremely well. They acted like I was actually important to them! Imagine that! A CUSTOMER being important at a H-D dealership!! I know, I thought it was a crazy H-D business model too.

Anyway, great experience. Has really made me rethink my knee-jerk disdain for H-D dealers. I'll be back I'm sure.

DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
There is nothing like the feeling of a clean pistol to put a stride in your step.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
thats good to hear...

and...

on the new scoot...!

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 08-04-2012, 10:50 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Awesome!!! Glad you got the bike and service you are pleased with.

So now where are the pics?!?

And congrats on the new bike!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Nice to hear of a good dealer experience. Enjoy the new bike!

Greg
Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Congrat...

but

Kimber

Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Cereal Killer

BarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with

Quote:
There is nothing like the feeling of a clean pistol to put a stride in your step.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarAndShield View Post
You will do well here.

Greg
Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Cereal Killer

oops... wrong file

3800 miles on the clock. (well, a little more now..)

DK

Quote:
Old 08-04-2012, 02:17 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Good lord, how far back were the controls to start with?!?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Cereal Killer

Low speed turns with your feet on the passenger pegs are a challenge. It's so much easier now.

DK

Quote:
Old 08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Low speed turns with your feet on the passenger pegs are a challenge. It's so much easier now.

DK
I like this guy. He's sharp.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
I like this guy. He's sharp.
Yeah, he is kinda out of place here isn't he?

Curt

Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They are forward of the clutch cover

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Vernice

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Doof Clenas Member

albundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
you need to get her a back rest ya no