Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
What do "I" think..........You have a Street Bob, It must be new, why did'nt you get a E-Glide when you were looking at the Street Bob?
'Cause I'm a Doof....

Quote:
You had to like or want the Bobber bike for some reason or another and as soon as you break down and get a bagger, the one you are having hopes to ride on the back will find some other intrest and here you will be riding this 1/2 ton road commode all by yourself and a wishing you had your Bobber back~
PS, & why is the guy coming to your house to appraise your bike when it would be better to have your bike at the stealership just incase he makes you on heck of and offer or someone is there that just might buy your bobber out from under you before any trade~
~that is what I think~
But seriously folks - I love my Bob. I really do. I looked hard at a Street Glide before I bought my Bob. I even rented one to take for an extended road test.

However, for the riding I do around my little hamlet here in WI nothing beats my Bob. But...there is the Friday Night Fish Fry I'd like to ride to with the OL on back, the occasional weekend trip to god knows where, and I'm at the point in my life where I can pack up for a week and friggin leave town so a bagger would be the ticket.

Do I want both? Hell yes, I want one of each. And the wife is making the right noises regarding just that. But (that word again)...I'm a friggin bean counter and I just can't justify having $30k worth of Harleys in the garage. Oh, I can rationalize, but I can't justify it.

The guy is coming to my house because its been below 0 here for a week and its too damn cold to ride it over there. There is a sale starting on Thursday and I want my stuff wired tight before I go over so if I am offered a deal I can't live without, I have all the facts on hand.

And Noodles, you voice my exact fear quite succinctly. I'd hate to trade my Bob and regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
She won't like the street glide as well as an ultra. Ride a road glide with her on the back before you commit.
Perhaps, Paul, but I'd have to live with that fairing. So she'll just have to suffer on the back of a 'Glide.

Seems we are pretty dedicated to the Dyna around here. That's cool. Now I'm scared of the trade.... I should have known. Call me a Doof - again.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Wtf...

Noodles, you have a bagger and you're telling me to keep my Bob? Man, I didn't think the other Dyna guys would think much of my trade idea, but you?? You just posted a pic of your bagger in the Touring section. What gives?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
Noodles, you have a bagger and you're telling me to keep my Bob? Man, I didn't think the other Dyna guys would think much of my trade idea, but you?? You just posted a pic of your bagger in the Touring section. What gives?
I sold that Bagger to get my two Dyna's~ ( I too may be a Doof)
Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I sold that Bagger to get my two Dyna's~ ( I too may be a Doof)
Most don't know it yet, but you are the prototype Doof.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
Most don't know it yet, but you are the prototype Doof.
I resemble that remark!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I resemble that remark!
Very closely.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Well, boys...

I didi it; I pulled the trigger on the Street Glide trade today. They deliver it on Wednesday next week so I'm pretty jacked up about it.

I guess I'm gonna have to pack my stuff and move down the street to the touring section. Can it wait till next week?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkvator View Post
just get an Ultra...

Simple...yet effective.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Nope...too late for advice now.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
DynaDav

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Leave her at home.
Evil...

Funny, but evil.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
I have a Dyna and a Road king ,the wife dont like to ride on the back of the dyna at all ,she will go cross country on the RK.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Spit it out it ain't yers

KICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
I didi it; I pulled the trigger on the Street Glide trade today. They deliver it on Wednesday next week so I'm pretty jacked up about it.

I guess I'm gonna have to pack my stuff and move down the street to the touring section. Can it wait till next week?
Did you trade-in or do you now own two?
F
F
B
Old 02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetronix01 View Post
Did you trade-in or do you now own two?
I traded...

Damn did I ever want to own two, though.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Spit it out it ain't yers

KICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
I traded...

Damn did I ever want to own two, though.
I still want 2.Congrats.Be sure to post pics of the new scoot.Did you get any extras rolled into the deal?
F
F
B
Old 02-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetronix01 View Post
I still want 2.Congrats.Be sure to post pics of the new scoot.Did you get any extras rolled into the deal?
Couple of t-shirts and squeezed $200 more on the original deal. That's about it.

Well...and a nice Street Glide.

I'll get some pics.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's