Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Mountain/Prairie
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Mountain/Prairie Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming

Old 12-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Iron Butt next Tuesday

Going to visit a friend near Wichita a few days before Christmas.
Thought it would be a good time to document an iron butt.

- I'll start with a witness signature from the Waffle House in Jonesville, NC.
- I-40 all the way to OK City
- North to Hope, KS to pick up the KS 43
- back south to just south of wichita

I need to play with the route to add about 65 miles so it will qualify for the 1,500 mile Bun Burner Gold version of the Iron Butt.

I'll keep you posted...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 12-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good luck, kiddo. Sounds like a helluvan ordeal.

No iron butt in the future for me; I'm happy with my soft tail.

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Really Don, in December?

Be safe man.

Kimber

Old 12-16-2011, 05:10 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ride safe, be safe.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:48 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good luck on the ride Don.... hope the weather cooperates for ya.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 12-16-2011, 07:49 AM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Good luck! Be safe.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:08 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
good luck and may the wind be at your back....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Double-D, MLA III, CLS

BluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Really Don, in December?

Be safe man.
The ice will helo stick him to the seat

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Oil, heat, vibration and noise.

At work, oil analysis, thermography, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics.

At play, Harley.

Same same, right?

Only 43 more states to go!

Remember, never make a straight on a left hand bridge.

It WILL leave a mark.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good luck Don. Just remember, no license plate frame is worth dying over. If you're not feeling it, take a break.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 12-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Perhaps a better description would have been...
I'm traveling to KS to see a dear friend for a few days before Christmas.
I'm traveling the same way I usually do.
Oh, by the way, it seemed like as good a time as any to do the IB paperwork.

The trip's not about the IB -- it's just the part I thought would be interesting here.

I do appreciate the concern though.
I've been watching the extended forecast and my two travel days (Tu & Fr) are the worst of the 10 days forecast.

When I plan long rides on days forecast to have good weather it usually turns bad.
This time I'm counting on that effect to give me sunny skies and temps in at least the 60's...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 12-16-2011, 07:10 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Be safe and enjoy your trip, Don! Wave as you go through Memphis!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Ride safe, Don. I have no doubt that you will accomplish the task.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good luck Don. Let me know when your going through OKC. I know you can't stop and all on the IB but maybe I can throw some encouragement your way!

Bob

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
Go for it !!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Ride safe. I found that sunflower seeds helped with both boredom and keeping me from getting hungry. Just gotta make sure you have enough fluids too. I timed my stops for gas and pee breaks. Didn't eat alot of carbs on the trip because I didn't want to get the dropsies as the carbs burned off. Lots of jerky and sunflower seeds and a ton of water. Hydration on a trip like this is key.

Be safe, and good luck! Looking forward to the stories and pics!

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.