Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 04-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Baalz

Hardwood flooring

Well i decided to do Hardwood flooring on my main floor. Living Rm, Dining Room, hallway and two closets.
I want to go with a 3/4 x 2.25 Oak in Gunstock prefinish solid.

Does anyone have any suggestions on manufacturer? Right now im looking at what Home Depot and Lowes carries called Bruce Sterling Strip. Which has micro beveled edges.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
DynaDav

I'd recommend the beveled edges. After a period of time, some of the boards will shrink just a bit. If you have smooth flooring (no bevel) these small cracks are very visible. The bevels make this very hard to see.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
GrayRider

I had Bruce, in oak, put in about 9 years ago and they still look great. Beveled edges.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaDav View Post
I'd recommend the beveled edges. After a period of time, some of the boards will shrink just a bit. If you have smooth flooring (no bevel) these small cracks are very visible. The bevels make this very hard to see.
+1

no laminated floors.... looks like formica...
Old 04-24-2008, 04:13 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
We cut up old pallets to cover the basement floor, which most was dirt. We need some more pallets, and some prospects to dig some more out and lay down the pallet wood. We need another that can straighten all of the nails that they remove from those old pallets. Conserve, conserve, conserve.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:36 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I have oak hardwood flooring in my bedroom and dining room. I love it! I want to peek under the carpet in the other two bedrooms and see what's under there. I'm hoping for more of the same. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders