Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
It was low on refrigerant. They recharged it, and now it seems to be working fine. This is the first time it has ever needed charged, and the system is 8 or 9 years old. Is this normal. Was just wondering. Will it be good for another 8 or 9 years now?
Ideally, you should never have to add refrigerant, but vibrations, chemical action, poor solder joints, etc. all can factor in and over say 8 or 9 years, a very small leak can happen...or it may have been one that you have had for many years that is just now reaching the point where you are noticing the effects. I always checked for leaks on a low charge situation. Very rare not to find one if you look hard enough in those situations, but it do happen that there just isn't a finable leak. You may well be good for another 8-9 or more years.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
It was low on refrigerant. They recharged it, and now it seems to be working fine. This is the first time it has ever needed charged, and the system is 8 or 9 years old. Is this normal. Was just wondering. Will it be good for another 8 or 9 years now?
Go ahead and wrap the whole thing in duct tape anyway, so it'll buy you a few more years.... or you could just buy a new house and move and not have to worry about it anymore.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
9 years and this the first time you have had to add refrigerant?
Don't worry about it...
You should be fine.
If next year you have to add more,
Do a nitrogen test.
Put about 400 lbs of nitrogen in the system and the leak will part your hair....provided you have hair of course.
Sounds like you'll be fine for now

Sent from here

Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
Thank you all for your help. It is greatly appreciated, and I am now sitting in my nice, cool house.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
so, you've got a leak...any leak can be found. as mentioned above, nitrogen at a high pressure will find it.

any tech that just adds a charge ain't much of a tech.

i'll guaranty you'll be fillin it again soon cause leaks just get bigger, faster. but i won't tell ya i told ya so.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:08 PM

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
Well he only charged me for the freon today, which was 40 bucks. I think I can take that chance and hope for the best. Will keep you all updated.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
good luck.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 PM

Thank you.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Had the same "freeze" problem on my unit six years ago. At that time the unit was about fourteen years old. The guy did a static preassure test and saw no drop in pressure. He then re-charged the unit and it has run fine ever since.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Had the same "freeze" problem on my unit six years ago. At that time the unit was about fourteen years old. The guy did a static preassure test and saw no drop in pressure. He then re-charged the unit and it has run fine ever since.
And you run it like 4 times a year?

Man,... some systems run constantly down here in the summer. The summer heat really puts the stress test on them.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
And you run it like 4 times a year?....
You aren't married are you?

And, even if you are, you obviously don't have a wife who's "hormonal imbalance" allows her to shovel snow in a short sleeve shirt...

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Queasy Rider

gasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Guys talking about guy things, damn I need to hug someone and quick.
I have 4 new hairs on my chest now. Ooops-----5. Another one just showed up.

God I love threads like this one. Some of the responses have me falling out of my chair. The sense of humor in here is uncanny.

I am glad Keith got his AC fixed but I am a bit disappointed no one took unchained's suggestion seriously. It's exactly what I would have done, however my bike is prettier.

By the time you read this you’ve already read it.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
I am glad Keith got his AC fixed but I am a bit disappointed no one took unchained's suggestion seriously. It's exactly what I would have done, however my bike is prettier.
~~~~~prettier then what~~~~~

My sister asked me one time if her butt looked big, & I said compaired to what?

®
Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Yep same here and was still good after another 8 years.

Quote:

And, even if you are, you obviously don't have a wife who's "hormonal imbalance" allows her to shovel snow in a short sleeve shirt...
You too? Has a 1/2 °f change and too hot!!!

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:

I'm glad that is past for us .................but now I have to shovel the driveway!

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788