Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
phan-phreakin'-tastic! I will get all of these put together when I am done working today, and updated the phile in the phirst post.

Outstanding guys, and a special thanx to 8-Ball.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
8-Ball

Oregon 43
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Oregon.kmz (735 Bytes, 1 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
8-Ball

Missouri 43
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Missouri.kmz (747 Bytes, 2 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
8-Ball

Phread....

As of this post, I have all the previous locations added into the attatched kmz file.

Its addicting....

I've updated post 1 with a new map image and kmz file as well.
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Sign Locations.kmz (5.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Phread....

As of this post, I have all the previous locations added into the attatched kmz file.

Its addicting....

I've updated post 1 with a new map image and kmz file as well.
Excellent!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
8-Ball

Delete the previous Idaho 43 and substitute this one...
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Idaho.kmz (714 Bytes, 1 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Swiss Guard

Is this pin in the right place?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KS43.jpg (96.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Is this pin in the right place?

Yup... just checked it... its perfect. 43 goes south from the pin and jogs around, but I placed the pin at I-70... and its where Luke took the original photo...

zoom in on it in Google Earth, then go to File menu... show in Google Maps, then switch from satellite to map view... BIG 43...

... and I've been there on my scoot...

In fact, this is the sign at that pin...

Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM
8-Ball

Additonal Iowa 43
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Iowa 43 - Batavia.kmz (707 Bytes, 2 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
8-Ball

Google Map link to Kansa Pin....
Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Yup... just checked it... its perfect. 43 goes south from the pin and jogs around, but I placed the pin at I-70... and its where Luke took the original photo...

zoom in on it in Google Earth, then go to File menu... show in Google Maps, then switch from satellite to map view... BIG 43...

... and I've been there on my scoot...

In fact, this is the sign at that pin...

Good enough!

Just confirming
Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
BigAlsRK

???

Ok....I've got Google Earth installed...but I get nothing when I try to open the .kmz files....and if I right click I get no save as option...except save link with ends up as an attachment!!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsRK View Post
Ok....I've got Google Earth installed...but I get nothing when I try to open the .kmz files....and if I right click I get no save as option...except save link with ends up as an attachment!!
phirephox??

Just clicking the link should give you the "Open with" or "Save As" dialog.

Save to desktop. Then open Google Earth, and phrom the pull down menu "Open" the "Sign Locations" phile you saved.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
phirephox??

Just clicking the link should give you the "Open with" or "Save As" dialog.

Save to desktop. Then open Google Earth, and phrom the pull down menu "Open" the "Sign Locations" phile you saved.
Got it...thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
8-Ball

Hey Phread...

if you add any locations other than those uploaded here, will you post just the location up here as a kmz?

I'll do the same...

I won't update your file anymore, but as I add to mine (which should be the same as yours at this point) I'll post up the new locales.

I'm also working on LittleBears thread, adding the Google Map links from the pins... as is evidenced by Big Al, not everyone is going to be able to do this Google Earth thing.

Mike