Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Knocking on the door? Hell, kick it down man.
Yup. I have stock HD pads. Smelled em a couple of times....but I don't use em much.

I am looking to upgrade to a better pad, but I've read on too many forums about Lyndalls being poor when wet. I'm gonna use something else.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've got about 800 miles or so on a set of EBC Sintered pads. They were a few bucks cheaper than the Lyndalls at Eastern, so I figured I'd give them a shot. Very nice bite, and they dust less than the stock ones (more than the Lyndalls though). Good pad so far.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
I'm still running lyndalls, but they get squeaky every now and again. One day i'll pull them off and smooth the edges and see if it helps......

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I would be curious how the ebc's are in the rain, I am one who had an issue or two with the lyndalls in the rain, the hd pads have treated me well, 2nd set on front and 3 on the rear, there was more pad to be had but riding 2up all the time I prefer to change them earlier than later....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I never had a problem with the Lyndalls in the rain, and it's not due to a lack of wet-weather riding. But yeah, I'm curious to see how the EBCs do.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:05 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
when do you ever ride in the rain? poserboy....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
when do you ever ride in the rain? poserboy....
Every damn time you and I go on a road trip. All kidding aside, we ought to hire ourselves out to ride through drought-ravaged countries.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:12 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Haven't noticed any wet weather issues with lyndalls on any of the scoots. I really like the lack of brake dust though. Only negative I've heard and seen about ebc is that when you go to swap them, you usually end up swapping rotors too since those pads are hard on the rotors.

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:16 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Every damn time you and I go on a road trip. All kidding aside, we ought to hire ourselves out to ride through drought-ravaged countries.
one of us must be part cherokee or some shit....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Haven't noticed any wet weather issues with lyndalls on any of the scoots. I really like the lack of brake dust though. Only negative I've heard and seen about ebc is that when you go to swap them, you usually end up swapping rotors too since those pads are hard on the rotors.
I've heard that. We'll see what the result is. I'm gonna head up to the mountains tomorrow and see what they can do.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:35 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Silly Davey...DFWR. I've never had a problem with stock, EBC's, or Lyndall's in the rain, but I've had more than a few moments with the rear and front tire loosing traction (hydroplane)...BIG PUCKER! 120k miles on a Harley, and too many miles in the Gawd damn rain...

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
I would be curious how the ebc's are in the rain, I am one who had an issue or two with the lyndalls in the rain, the hd pads have treated me well, 2nd set on front and 3 on the rear, there was more pad to be had but riding 2up all the time I prefer to change them earlier than later....
On the Ultra you had all these brakes done?
How many miles do you have on this bike?
They change my front pads at 20,000 miles and I'm still using stock rear pads at 37,000 miles~

®
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Lyndall Z+
Old 11-20-2011, 01:37 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Lyndall Z+
X2!!