Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > BMW
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

BMW Bikes that are engineered to be ridden... just sayin'...

Old 03-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
So.............seriously..................with that high profile and light weight, what happens in a strong cross wind?
Backroad Mike and I went riding last week on a pretty windy day. I was actually relatively surprised I didn't get blown around too badly. My feeling is that the wind affected the BSL worse, and it sure looked like Mike's bike was getting blown around worse than mine.

I'm guessing that the Batwing catches more air than the more streamlined fairing on the RT.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dana approves of the new Sargent seat.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1355.jpg (61.2 KB, 56 views)

Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Breaker of Stuff

I'm diggin' it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333663984.704569.jpg (77.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333663995.877253.jpg (72.9 KB, 39 views)

Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
That's a purty seat!

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
That's a purty seat!
Thanks Frank, it's a Sargent. It's not quite as firm as a Corbin, but it's a big improvement over stock.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Damn Corbins are getting too firm.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Why do I feel the irresistable urge to type the phrase "angry sewing machine" every time I visit this thread?
Baffling...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Breaker of Stuff

I really considered the Corbin, as I loved it on the BSL. But I've heard that they don't fit well on the RT, and there's a ton of stitching on the seat that both traps water and makes sensitive passenger hineys uncomfortable.

The only knock I have on the Sargent is that it's a bit wider than stock. Good for riding, but it spreads my legs out to the point that I can't flatfoot the bike anymore. Not really a big deal to me, but something to consider. Wouldn't be an issue if I dropped the seat into the "low" position.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Why do I feel the irresistable urge to type the phrase "angry sewing machine" every time I visit this thread?
Baffling...
<sigh>

Yeah. It would be the perfect bike if it sounded better. At least it's quiet enough to not be too embarrassing.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
i wish i had longer legs!!

~Ride Proud, Not Loud~

®
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The Corbin that came with the Triumph was a rock, it came off almost immediately.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
<sigh>

Yeah. It would be the perfect bike if it sounded better. At least it's quiet enough to not be too embarrassing.
I do still love you, though.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
I do still love you, though.
So I've got that going for me.

Which is nice.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
And, you're a young gun....enjoy! Ride Safe!

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"