Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
2010 TTS upgrade and Calibrations

The TTS has the 2010 upgrade on the net ready for uploading.
The new 009 calibrations are listed differently than previous years, there is a new letter in front; CTA009-01-B2
A= 88'', B=95'', C=96'', D=103'', E=110'', F=113'', L-M and N are for V-Rod and S=883, T=1200
The main screen look has changed also to allow for added AFR to Lambda conversion tool.
There is a lot more cells in the fuel table (Main Lambda Table) and a lot less cells in the new kPa VE tables.
Time to get our heads wrapped around this Lambda system...
Doc
Old 08-26-2009, 12:43 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
thanks.....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I need to start saving up for one of these...and a 103 conversion.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMD 88 View Post
The TTS has the 2010 upgrade on the net ready for uploading.

Time to get our heads wrapped around this Lambda system...
Doc

Oh, absolutely

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
doc did the 09 version on mine and i'm still confused.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Here is a copy of a post I made on V-Twin....this will explane a little about the Lambda system......enjoy

Lambda is just another way of reading AFR. Stoichiometric for straight gas has a value of 14.68 AFR, Stoich for E10 fuel has a value of 14.27 AFR, Alcohol has a Stoichiometric value of 6.1 AFR, ect. The Stoichiometric value for all fuels are rated as 1.00 in a Lambda based system….ie. the lambda value for an AFR of 14.68 (which is stoich for gas) is rated at 1.00, for E10 Fuel lambda 1.00 equals a 14.27 AFR, and for Alcohol AFR of 6.1 lambda again rates that as 1.00…..so Stoich for all these fuels are rated as 1.00 in lambda.
So if 1.00 is stoichiometric any lambda value lower than 1.00 is recognized as a richer mixture and any value higher than 1.00 is recognized as leaner…for an example; a lambda value of .981 would be the same as 14.2:1 AFR, a lambda value of .921 would equal 13.5:1 AFR, and a lambda value of 1.025 would equal an AFR of 15.05:1. Again it’s just another way of rating AFR values that the Auto industry has been using for many years already.
One of the positive things about the lambda system is we have a much better control of the fuel delivery throughout the fuel table. The Lambda system also eliminates the Closed Loop Bias fuel trim table because we can enter different lambda values from leaner to richer from the left side of the fuel table to the right side of the fuel table…ie. We can trim the closed loop area with the lambda fuel values….each cell can be made different or made all the same….we have a lot more control of the fuel delivery.
Another positive factor with this system is the auto industry is working on a sensor that can determine what kind of fuel you put in your gas tank…is it E10 or E85 or the good gas. This sensor will sit in the gas tank and read the Ethanol content then report that to the ECM. If the ECM knows what fuel it has and all fuel values are the same in the lambda system then the injectors can stay open longer or close sooner to deliver the correct volume of fuel need to meet your request on the fuel table. Now the auto industry yhas been working on this for a while now and the results are not encouraging to say the least but hopefully they will break through soon and the lambda system will truly be a great thing. As of now, when you tune, you have to know what fuel you have in the bike which is almost impossible unless you poured it in your self.
Does this make it harder to tune…..NO, it’s just going to be rough to get our heads wrapped around the fact that AFR is now measured differently than we are used to seeing it .TTS has made a Lambda to AFR to Stoichiometric calculator in the tool bar of the MasterTune software for our convienince….this will help the learning curve not to hurt our brains too much.
I read on another forum that some one said it takes a lambda 02 sensor to read the lambda values…..gentlemen the 02 sensors you have been using from day one are a lambda sensors whether is a wide band, narrow band or a narrow band switching device….they are all lambda sensors in our industry.
One other positive to the Lambda system, the VE tables are no longer using Throttle Position and RPM for tuning. The Lambda VE tables are measured in kPa and RPM. This will help greatly for those who tune at higher altitudes and be more accurate in converting to a fuel table in the same kPa, RPM break points. If you look at a 009 level calibration from TTS you will find the VE tables are smaller and the Fuel and Timing tables are much larger for a more precise tune.
Doc
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Lost, and not found

SIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I had Dave at JD's do a TTS tune about a year ago, should I have him re-tune with an upgraded TTS version or leave well enough alone?

MEDIOCRITY KNOWS NOTHING HIGHER THAN ITSELF
Old 10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Technical Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYCONFUSED View Post
I had Dave at JD's do a TTS tune about a year ago, should I have him re-tune with an upgraded TTS version or leave well enough alone?
If your talking about getting it tuned with the Lambda system you would need to have a new 2010 Touring bike......the Lambda cannot be used in earlier bikes. So to answer your question....leave it alone.....lol
Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Lost, and not found

SIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMD 88 View Post
If your talking about getting it tuned with the Lambda system you would need to have a new 2010 Touring bike......the Lambda cannot be used in earlier bikes. So to answer your question....leave it alone.....lol
Tks.

MEDIOCRITY KNOWS NOTHING HIGHER THAN ITSELF