Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That same year of the Red Lodge West Coast DooFaplooza meeting where we rode the Beartooth at midnight, got home to the latest HOG magazine describing how technical riding over it was and the precautions they had to take and the stops along the way to rest up when they did a local HOG chapter ride over it.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 11-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
That same year of the Red Lodge West Coast DooFaplooza meeting where we rode the Beartooth at midnight, got home to the latest HOG magazine describing how technical riding over it was and the precautions they had to take and the stops along the way to rest up when they did a local HOG chapter ride over it.
They do the same thing on local rides. A 100 mile putt requires two stops minimum.

And when opportunity presents itself, they ride less than spirited.

Shovin' baggers through corners is not their cup of tea.......

Old 11-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
They do the same thing on local rides. A 100 mile putt requires two stops minimum.

And when opportunity presents itself, they ride less than spirited.

Shovin' baggers through corners is not their cup of tea.......

I was talked into leading a ride, out of here, by some riders staying in the motel. I agreed to take them to Virginia City. First couple of corners marked for 40 MPH I took at 50 plus, (And I was going slow), noticed them falling way back, so I adjusted to the posted speeds.

Got to Virginia City did a walk around, rode to Reds old 395 restaurant in Carson City for lunch, then back.

It was close to a 200 mile day.

They were worn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 11-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I was talked into leading a ride, out of here, by some riders staying in the motel. I agreed to take them to Virginia City. First couple of corners marked for 40 MPH I took at 50 plus, (And I was going slow), noticed them falling way back, so I adjusted to the posted speeds.

Got to Virginia City did a walk around, rode to Reds old 395 restaurant in Carson City for lunch, then back.

It was close to a 200 mile day.

They were worn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
The fresh air got to 'em.

Obviously.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:15 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Most of my locals are one tankers. Leave on the ride and return without having to stop for gas.
I ride alone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

How about the ones halfway into a short ride, stop and ask if there is a gas station coming up soon, because they didn't fill up before the start of the ride?

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 11-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The bikes got stupid expensive. And unreliable. I've got the best Touring bike the MoCo ever made, and when I get back to putting the big miles on, it'll be ready.

The new motor is ugly, sounds like crap, and is unreliable. Love my Twinkie.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-20-2017, 05:00 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
How about the ones halfway into a short ride, stop and ask if there is a gas station coming up soon, because they didn't fill up before the start of the ride?
This infuriates me. . .literally. I've tried to instill better in my Divas. We will NOT take the entire group to the drive through bank window because you aren't prepared.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 11-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Happens way too often to be considered coincidence.

Everyone rides past at least one gas station on their way to a ride's starting point. No excuse to not have a full tank then.

A few years back I was on a ride where one of the bikes ran out of gas less than twenty miles into a planned and discussed ride. And that guy passed at least three stations between his house and the ride starting point.

Sheesh.

Last edited by orbit; 11-20-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Giddy!

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I dislike two things about my bike: it needs one more upper gear and a bigger gas tank. I hate having to stop for gas every 100 miles or so. Generally only ride alone or with my husband so it doesn't inconvenience anyone else but...

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
You mean crossing it at midnight in high wind and wet road conditions isn't recommended?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

I think you are recalling the slick wet packed dirt road in the park.

Which also doubles as a good insulating coating on the underside of an air cooled motorcycle...

Which takes years of washing to get it all off.

Or maybe that was the next year in Glacier Park in the same sort of road conditions.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
This spring will be the true test for ourselves and our devotion to touring, many other priorities and interests vying for top spot with time always being in short supply.... Almost let the Dogfish go this spring but jammed out at the cold reality of actually stepping away from something that has been such a large part of my life.

Bought a bluetooth head unit and heated gear for Autumn instead

Dirk
Old 11-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
This spring will be the true test for ourselves and our devotion to touring, many other priorities and interests vying for top spot with time always being in short supply.... Almost let the Dogfish go this spring but jammed out at the cold reality of actually stepping away from something that has been such a large part of my life.

Bought a bluetooth head unit and heated gear for Autumn instead

Dirk
Sweet. Maybe see you down this way some time?

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 11-21-2017 at 10:35 PM.