Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I haven't had any issues with the Apple maps but big city folks have been reporting lots of bugs. Enough so that the CEO apologized on Friday and suggested folks use Bing in the interim while they work on an update. Google hasn't even given an ETA on an iOS 6 version of Google Maps, which is odd considering they had a version of YouTube in the App Store last week as soon as iOS 6 dropped.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Got my iPhone 5 in this morning. The phone is super fast and so is my LTE connection
Judy's new iPhone 5 came Friday. Mine didn't. Wahhhhhhhh That's not fair, mine was ordered first (by about 2 minutes).

So I spent Friday evening and part of Saturday making it like she prefers. iTunes wouldn't recognize it. Tried to update iTunes . . . her computer didn't like THAT. Finally uninstalled iTunes and started over the the latest version. From that point on, everything went smoothly. Getting the phone activated was automated via phone. Easy.

Boy, that thing is FAST! Super fast! The new Apple Maps are quick; but I understand that they make mistakes. I asked Siri how to get to Telluride, Colorado. In less than 10 seconds, she had the map on the screen with 3 route options. (it's about 1,100 miles, by the way).

I asked for directions to Tukta Thai. It's about 5 miles east of us, only 4 turns. She had directions on the map on the screen in just a few seconds. Only thing, she had me going east for about a half mile before finding the road to the west. She'll have to do better than that.

With LTE, the download speed was 26 Mbps! On my home WiFi, it was less (even though my service is 30 Mbps)! Go figure.

My new iPhone comes tomorrow. Excited about it.

Ken
Old 10-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Re - Calculating

Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Double Maduro
Boston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBoston Keith is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Anyone else had a problem with the dedicated podcast player? Tried running it on my iPhone 4 the other night and it would only play for about 5-10 seconds then cut out. Switched back to iTunes and played it with no issues.
Trying it today. So far I am not having any trouble

Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
i dont have any tunes...a,e,i,o,or u...

i do have a radio in my car, truck, and bike...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Keith View Post
Trying it today. So far I am not having any trouble
Had to delete and reinstall music on the wife's phone after installing 6.

It wiped out her contacts as well.

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
I haven't had any issues with the Apple maps but big city folks have been reporting lots of bugs. Enough so that the CEO apologized on Friday and suggested folks use Bing in the interim while they work on an update. Google hasn't even given an ETA on an iOS 6 version of Google Maps, which is odd considering they had a version of YouTube in the App Store last week as soon as iOS 6 dropped.
Sounds like a ground up version in the works and not quite ios6 compatible?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am liking it more and more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Had to delete and reinstall music on the wife's phone after installing 6.

It wiped out her contacts as well.
That's what I had trouble with, too.

I sync'd the old phone with the computer using iTunes. But the music didn't go. So when the new phone was sync'd from the computer, no music.

I had to bring it in to my computer to get the music onto her phone.

Still can't get the music backed up on her computer. I think that's intentional . . . . .so people can't copy music. There are programs on the web, though, that will do it.

Ken
Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Airhead

Couple of issues with the new iPhone.

1. Often says, "Carging not avaiable with this model" (or something like that)

2. Sim failure. (I've reseated and powered the iPhone several times to make this go away)

3. No ringtone in my 2008 Nissan Titan truck. Worked fine with my iPhone 3G, but not with the new iPhone 5. Otherwise, I can make and take calls when in the truck. But there is no ringtone with a call comes in while in the truck (or near it if the truck is ON). I miss calls when mobile.

Ken