Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Hangaround

Last Cigar Smoked: Blunt
scourge has failed to amuse us
mustang on a RK Custom

I'm looking at the Mustang seats for the RK Custom. I'm a little concerned that the touring saddle is too wide for the Custom 16" front and 14" rear, whereas the sport tour is 15" front and 11" rear.

Anyone else have any oppinions on the wider seat for the Custom

Scourge
Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
I guess it depends on how wide is your azz......

Old 11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Hangaround

Does this ass make my bike look small?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
GrayRider

I chose the Corbin Classic Solo. It's leather..the Mustang isn't.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
I have one or the other I can't remember which
but I like mine

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I chose the Mustang 79317 like this.

Its made of the highest quality expanded vinyl available...the Corbin isn't.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
I chose the Mustang 79317 like this.

Its made of the highest quality expanded vinyl available...the Corbin isn't.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk custom View Post
I have one or the other I can't remember which
but I like mine
Good chose...................

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Actually, this is why I went with Mustang (from their web page)...

Q: Why does Mustang use vinyl seat covering?
A: Vinyl has the durability to resist all weather conditions better than other materials. It does not fade and requires practically no maintenance.

And I believe everything I read on the internet.

Price was a factor too - got mine from Zanotti.

I think it's a great seat, but I have nothing to compare it to except the stock POS.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
Good chose...................
now that's funny stuff right there

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I was told that the vinyl makes you sweat more on the long trips when compared to the leather. I'm still on stock so I can't speak for mustang or corbin. I've been told they are both comfortable seats. Most I know with the corbin's have the classic solos. And they take a good while to break in.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Hangaround

It's not so much which is more comfortable, I'm sure both are much better than that thing that came with the bike. My thoughts are that the touring saddle may look too wide on the bike and the sport tour is 3" narrower on the rear seat. For me at this time its just the esthetics of the thing.

thanks
Old 11-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
It's not so much which is more comfortable, I'm sure both are much better than that thing that came with the bike. My thoughts are that the touring saddle may look too wide on the bike and the sport tour is 3" narrower on the rear seat. For me at this time its just the esthetics of the thing.

thanks

Nothing wrong with being into shallow looks. I can appreciate the honesty. Heck, we all own Harley's.