Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
GrayRider

Doc's 5 questions to ask your tuner..

This was posted on another forum. Doc took it down, but I shamelessly snagged it. Hope you're OK with it, Doc.

Gentleman here are five questions you can ask your tuner to see what his skill level is without being conspicuous. These are 5 simple questions that a good experienced tuner can and will be able to spit out the answers correctly and without a great deal of thought and the whole time your asking them the questions it will seem like a general conversation of you getting a little knowledge of the tuning procedures from him. If your tuner can't answer all, or any, of these questions it's time for you to search out another shop.

1) How long will my bike be on the Dyno to tune the SERT?
(answer) 4 to 5 hours

2) How many Dyno runs will you have to make to finish a tune?
(answer) 50 to 70 on a average

3) What are people talking about when they say you have to SYNCHRONIZE the VE tables?
(answer) By Synchronizing the VE Table to the Fuel Table your telling the ECM the new air flow through the motor from the mods you made.

4) I heard something about a Step Test, can you tell me what that is?
(answer) The Step Test is a program in the winPEP 7 software (Dyno Software) that allows us to sample the AFR longer for a better reading at 2%, 5%, 7%, 10%, and 15% Throttle Position. This is where the bike lives so we want a good AFR sample to make our edits.

5) Do you change the AFR Table to one value as you tune?
(answer) Yes, 13.2. This makes it easier to synchronize the VE Table.

If your tuner can answer these simple questions chances are (99%) you will get a good tune. I hope this will give you all a better idea who your trusting your $20,000.00 investment with.

Just trying to help!
Doc

And Paul added this:

1. Can I watch?

how do you know if he is really doing a full tune if he won't let you watch. He could just be adding a canned map that he did for someone else or got who knows where.

2. What media do I need to bring to copy my map?

It is your map since you paid for it, you might need it if you lose your ecm or need to tweak for minor changes. You can't get it from a SERT program.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Big MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Timely.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
8-Ball

Excellent!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quite a "hornet's nest" that got stirred up over "there" about this thread. One excellent post, I'd say.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Think this is some great info. Don't really think it needs to be a conversation "thread" for those involved. Many thanks from the group Doc.

Closed Thread