Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Thumbs up Got my CWP in the mail yesterday!!!

WHOO HOO!!

I'm happy, but I also know that I'm taking on a huge responsibility. It's a little scary, to tell you the truth.

How did all of you get used to carrying a weapon around when you first started doing it?

Thanks for all the support throughout my continuing journey into the world of firearms. I look forward to continuing to learn things from those of you who are more experienced.

I'm lucky to have a husband who has his own arsenal, and is teaching and encouraging me, as well as my group of Doofy online "brothers" who are there to help.

I absolutely LOVE to shoot and I really feel that it has become a part of my life forever. It has DEFINITELY changed the way I look at politics and who I'll vote for in the future.

Plus it makes me feel like a badass... LOL!

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
RedBeard

Congrats! Big step, for sure. And you're right about the responsibility that goes with it.

As for getting used to things, I'm not a good one to offer an opinion. Been around guns all my life, and carrying legally seemed as natural as falling off a log. The only thing different when I got my permit was a profound sense of relief one time, as I was stopped (again) for ever-so-slightly exceeding the speed limit, and remembered that it didn't matter where in the vehicle my pistol was. Nice.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
GrayRider

What Red said.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Very kewl, Lady G.

I wish it were that easy in Md.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:37 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

genoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
WHOO HOO!!

I'm happy, but I also know that I'm taking on a huge responsibility. It's a little scary, to tell you the truth.

How did all of you get used to carrying a weapon around when you first started doing it?

Thanks for all the support throughout my continuing journey into the world of firearms. I look forward to continuing to learn things from those of you who are more experienced.

I'm lucky to have a husband who has his own arsenal, and is teaching and encouraging me, as well as my group of Doofy online "brothers" who are there to help.

I absolutely LOVE to shoot and I really feel that it has become a part of my life forever. It has DEFINITELY changed the way I look at politics and who I'll vote for in the future.

Plus it makes me feel like a badass... LOL!
Well now you feel like you look.

And I mean BAD in the best way.

just sayin'

Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Congrats! Big step, for sure. And you're right about the responsibility that goes with it.

As for getting used to things, I'm not a good one to offer an opinion. Been around guns all my life, and carrying legally seemed as natural as falling off a log. The only thing different when I got my permit was a profound sense of relief one time, as I was stopped (again) for ever-so-slightly exceeding the speed limit, and remembered that it didn't matter where in the vehicle my pistol was. Nice.
I imagine that WAS a good feeling to know you didn't have to worry about it!

I guess I'm mostly concerned about knowing where I CAN and CAN'T carry, so I'm going to look over info on packing.org and a couple other sites some of you recommended until I'm comfortable that I know the laws well.

Maybe I'm worrying a little too much, because obviously if you're carrying CONCEALED, no one should know you have your weapon, but I still want to feel confident that I know where I can and can't go when I'm packing.

I'm also trying to figure out WHERE I'll carry my weapon when I'm ready. Probably in my purse, or in my car, and I also have an ankle holster I can use when it's practical.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:04 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Women with huge, heaving breasts can pull off concealing a full size 1911, grip up, with the slide beneath one boobie in their bra.
I just thought I'd throw that in there...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:25 PM
8-Ball

Congrats Laurie...

Listen to Mega... he knows such things...
Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Women with huge, heaving breasts can pull off concealing a full size 1911, grip up, with the slide beneath one boobie in their bra.
I just thought I'd throw that in there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Congrats Laurie...

Old 06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Are these on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Congrats Laurie...

What did he say again? All I heard was "boobies" and then I quit listening...

Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
RedBeard

All we guys SEE is boobies, then we quit listening.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Hangaround

dmax has failed to amuse us
Welcome to the club! You'll be really aware of it in the beginning. It may feel like everyone is starring at you and somehow "knows" you're packing. After awhile you carry it like any other piece of clothing. It's great!

My only advice would be don't self-consciously touch the gun or holster or keep adjusting your clothes. This will be the only give away. It's a fun game to see if you can spot others carrying. There's quite a few of us in Texas! You'll notice that most of the sheep wouldn't even notice a gun in plain view.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:49 PM
FOG :-(

trooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographic
While I carried concealed off duty for the 30 years before I retired and I was issued a non-expiring state CHL upon retirement, I always felt a little odd carrying in Texas where I moved and in other states even though Texas DPS assured me my Oklahoma retiree CHL was good. I could have spent the time and bucks going to CHL school here in Texas, but didn't want to. Based upon my training (cert. LEO firearms instructor for 23 years) and the pretty low requirements of the CHL schools, I just never went.

Then, along came HR218 (federal law for nationwide CC by active and retired officers). I do have to qualify annually as a retiree, but that's not a problem. To further cover myself, I sent my bucks in to the State of Florida along with copies of my quals and retiree status and BAM....here come a new 5-year Florida CHL by mail. Too kewl!

Congrats on your new CHL, LG. It's always good to have more good citizen types carrying.

T113
Old 06-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Kenney

If you like to shoot and want some “civilian experience” in how to.
Look up a USPSA club (http://www.uspsa.org/ ) in your area and go to it.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Are these on right?

Thanks you guys! I appreciate the input.