Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-27-2015, 05:43 AM
Doof Clenas Member

albundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sock
Any more updates.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:05 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...rget-tune.aspx

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 08-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by albundy View Post
Any more updates.
Working fine. Bike runs great. Nothing to complain about so far.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
And you would still want the PV to tune your timing curves.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A New Tuning Toy For The PV: Target Tune

This (much more than the previous auto tune kit) looks like a product that could seriously cut into the guru-tuner's revenue stream.
Look for tuner guys to get defensive about this thing.
No doubt, there's stuff left for the gurus to tweak, but I'll bet this sort of works against them.

When talking with Jamie and getting the thumbnail of how it worked and how he would convert my current map to a TT map....
I asked what I thought was a valid question: if the map is "target AFRs" in each cell, and it will simply correct to the target or "ideal" AFR for each cell... Then wouldn't the map be the SAME map for every bike?
There was a pause.
Then a bunch of words to promote the idea that each build would shoot for different targets.
I'm thinking that a list of ideal numbers won't really vary very much. Probably more riding style than engine build.
IDK, but I'm interested.
I happen to be broke so I won't get one yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Funny you mention the Jaime conversation Ricky, I had a very similar one with Brian at FM and I asked pretty much the same question. With pretty much similar results.

I don't feel this thing is the end all be all of tuning. It's just a nice new tool addition to the PV toolbox. I've always used an AFR map that was only closed loop in a small area of the cruise range. Now with the WB's, it's nice to have trims and adaptive fuel control through the whole map. I was thinking if a person had always used a fuel map completely in NB closed loop, and planned to stay there, they may not see any change or benefit. Now I'm not so sure about that thought.

I have been doing a few AT runs through the TT and noticed something. I had what I thought was an intake reversion situation in the VE's around the 2500 - 2800 RPM and 50 to 80% MAP area. I had been attributing it to the Andrews 48 cams. I noticed a pretty big adjustment in VE's in that area after the first AT run. Enough that the dip was almost gone. Subsequent runs added a bit more and it's now gone. Strange. I was using AT Pro with WB's in the same place before to autotune so you wouldn't think sensor placement had anything to do with it. The only difference I can see is the AT Pro tuning at 13.0 AFR and the TT using what is in my AFR table which is quite a bit leaner. Haven't got my little brain wrapped around that yet.

In any case, like Russ alluded to, it's not a magic bullet for timing. And your AFR choices are of course up to you. So, if you like to run richer than the NB's can handle, and you want the convenience of ECM fuel control for the whole map, this thing will give you that.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Doof Clenas Member

albundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sockalbundy doesn't need a tube sock
My take on the TT that I have had installed for 3 weeks now. First after install the bike sounded better and did shake near as bad at idle.When getting on the super slab it pulled a hell of a lot better,throttle response was instant,the exhaust sound was more of a Humm than a blat blat .
After running about a 150 miles back into town there is a red light that takes about 2 minutes to cycle,and at a 95 degree day it can get uncommfortable real quick,there was no heat to speak of.
I always run with my lowers open even in the colder months because there was enough heat to keep you comfortable,now this moring it was 58 degrees when I left the house and I had to stop and close the lowers because it was cold,not enough heat comming of the engine.
Gas millage went fronm 35 to 40 the last tank of gas,running 80 with cruise on the same as always just to see what it would do.All in All the bike sounds better,runs better,way less heat and the fuel millage improved.
With that said I can not give a full report as good as Russ can,sorry.