Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 02:28 PM
big enough member

1BdBagr has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
people trying to modify it. Leave it alone, have it SERT dynoed, you will be fine, up to 120 hp.
I myself don't want the headaches of the EFI losing tune or having to download a new map & another dyno run....not to mention lets just say i buy a PC III...or SERT...that's what $300 on that...+ dyno time. I can spend that money on the build (=more head work) and tune it once (with the carb). Read up on the MM system....(don't know about delphi-it seems much better) they do suck, especially when doing cams, bigger bore & heads. Me..i just want to ride it....not spend time & money unnecessarily. I figure i do it once. End of story. JMHO.
Tim
1992 EG & 2000 RKC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49503198237@N01/
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
GrayRider

Just got back from the tuner..he modified my map. Makes 7 or 8 tunes.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 PM
the blob

sheet !! gray 7-8 tunes must be gettin expensive!!! what tuner?

sert or pc3 ?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
sheet !! gray 7-8 tunes must be gettin expensive!!! what tuner?

sert or pc3 ?
SERT.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
the blob

if i ever needed to do a carb swap could/would buckminns do it?

or would i have to take it to an indy?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
32k on my EFI and nary a problem

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:52 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
if i ever needed to do a carb swap could/would buckminns do it?

or would i have to take it to an indy?
Buckminn's could do it..probably pricey, though.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Took bike out yesterday, 40, hadn't ran in 11 days, was out hunting. Hit button once, fired up and ran. One time.

My carb been giving me a little hassle, when its sits. Not sure why.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:46 AM
really small member

cznmike has failed to amuse us
My 06 FXSTI is the first EFI I've ever owned. I must confess... I can't leave anything alone and you just can't tinker with the EFI systems. I'm going to go back to a carb as soon as santa brings me the toys this year.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Or, you could get one of the tuner modules, like the new one coming out soon from TTS, and along with your laptop you could tinker till your heart's content.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Now why in the heck would one move EFI to Carb conversion topic to the carb section. Folks with carbs could give a chit.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:22 PM
GrayRider

Beats me..I'll move it.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Beats me..I'll move it.
You're quick.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BdBagr View Post
My 2000 RKC has the crappy MM (magnetti morelli) EFI system and i've been accumulating parts for a switch over when i go 95" /cams/head work etc. I hear it's a bitch to keep this system in tune when you alter other things in the system. Not to mention i also hear you'll gain about 10 HP in the long run. And no downloads & unnecessary dyno runs!!! I can't wait.
Tim
Yep I agree...the MM EFI is garbage....thinking about doing the conversion too.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
06 with EFI all sorts of nonstandard add ons
SERT w/ 25000 plus miles in last two years
run at sea level to 6000 ft same ride
40* to 120* in the same ride
with little to no problem

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?