Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I originally mounted it on top of the radio. I had OK reception as long as the front of the fairing had a view to the south. Riding north, NE or NW, the XM would drop out. It annoyed me too much, so I took KenR's advice and propped it on top of the master cylinder cover. Now I get perfect reception no matter which way I ride

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
I also mounted my XM antenna on top of the front master brake reservoir, using velcro. That way, I can remove it in just a few seconds when I want the service in my truck.

I tried in the bottom of a cup holder on the handlebars. It worked o.k. . . . .uless a cup was in the holder on top of it. Then, no receiption.

I tried on top of the radio inside the batwing . . . . It kinds stunk. Reception seemed to vary with trees and stuff.

I tried on the tank's gas cap. It was ugly. Also, reception wasn't good at all when heading south; would lose it completely while listening to a Ranger's playoff game. Riding east was best. North and west had annoying outages.

Put it on the brake reservoir and it's almost invisible in plain sight. Never a problem with reception. It's been there for over a year now.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I found my GPS this weekend up in the attic & I wasn't even looking for it........

I left it up there!

Ps, I don't wear a full face helmet in the rain!

®
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 PM
The other white meat

Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken R View Post
I also mounted my XM antenna on top of the front master brake reservoir, using velcro. That way, I can remove it in just a few seconds when I want the service in my truck.

I tried in the bottom of a cup holder on the handlebars. It worked o.k. . . . .uless a cup was in the holder on top of it. Then, no receiption.

I tried on top of the radio inside the batwing . . . . It kinds stunk. Reception seemed to vary with trees and stuff.

I tried on the tank's gas cap. It was ugly. Also, reception wasn't good at all when heading south; would lose it completely while listening to a Ranger's playoff game. Riding east was best. North and west had annoying outages.

Put it on the brake reservoir and it's almost invisible in plain sight. Never a problem with reception. It's been there for over a year now.

What he said

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Soul Brother No. 1

Robo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sock
So...

B- Wire power to headlight pigtail.

43- Use HD fairing mount for GPS unit.

XLIII- Mount antenna outside of the fairing with it as open to the sky as possible.

gAZINTA- Bless you.

VII- Use the SD Card on the GPS unit for tunes instead of iPod due to compatibility issues and the GPS can switch between navigation and mp3's without hassle.

7- Number after six, before eight, completely worthless on this list (and most any other use really) but I felt that it needed someone to feel sorry for it not being used, so I did...

41- Noodles got rid of the Noodle Glide.

Thank you guys for your assistance!

Sherlyn Popelka, Arrested, Underage Drinking, DUI, Aggravated Assault, Fugitive, Warrant
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
My nuvi 550 works great with no antenna. As for the Bluetooth/cell phone BS, that's why (among many many other reasons) I ride...to get away from that stuff.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 AM
The other white meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
So...

B- Wire power to headlight pigtail.

43- Use HD fairing mount for GPS unit.

XLIII- Mount antenna outside of the fairing with it as open to the sky as possible.

gAZINTA- Bless you.

VII- Use the SD Card on the GPS unit for tunes instead of iPod due to compatibility issues and the GPS can switch between navigation and mp3's without hassle.

7- Number after six, before eight, completely worthless on this list (and most any other use really) but I felt that it needed someone to feel sorry for it not being used, so I did...

41- Noodles got rid of the Noodle Glide.

Thank you guys for your assistance!
If you get lost call Dinero. He's bound to know somebody within 10 miles of where you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5CQT View Post
My nuvi 550 works great with no antenna. As for the Bluetooth/cell phone BS, that's why (among many many other reasons) I ride...to get away from that stuff.
The antenna is for the XM Radio and weather

[
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
If you get lost call Dinero. He's bound to know somebody within 10 miles of where you are

A girl I just met last weekend is going from Ft. Hood to Alaska in ten days.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Soul Brother No. 1

Robo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
A girl I just met last weekend is going from Ft. Hood to Alaska in ten days.
I'll still be here...

Sherlyn Popelka, Arrested, Underage Drinking, DUI, Aggravated Assault, Fugitive, Warrant
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I'll still be here...
She's bringing her Sportster.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Soul Brother No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
She's bringing her Sportster.
Cool, there's a cool riding community, she'll dig it. Too bad she's a month and a half away from riding season....

Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post

The antenna is for the XM Radio and weather
If you get lost, just wait a while. Dinero, himself, is liable to show up.

I'm keeping count of the chance Dinero-sightings I've has since 2003.

Ken
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Cool, there's a cool riding community, she'll dig it. Too bad she's a month and a half away from riding season....
Heater go out in your garage????

Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Soul Brother No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzlfitr View Post
Heater go out in your garage????
Christmas card list gets shorter as I type this...

Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

just funnin'