Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 09-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I too thought they were fugly...Until i saw it in person. Now i like it. I haven't actually driven one but i did sit on one at the bike show last year. it was amazingly well balanced and did feel like a bike that weighed considerably less. The one thing that I thought sucked and it has been mentioned already, was the bags, they don't actually hold much although they look huge. If I were in the market for this type of bike, I'd definitely consider it.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:29 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

KingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suck
The New Victory CROSS ROADS and CROSS COUNTRY are also Very cool.
One being modeled after a Road King and the other after an electra Glide Standard.

" A PiRaTeS Life for Me "
Old 09-05-2009, 10:56 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Dealer network.....if it was like Harley's.......Harley would really be in trouble. Harley has that going for it.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Thanks Chip. Now I can't get that damn song out of my head. JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNe

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post
I too thought they were fugly...Until i saw it in person. Now i like it. I haven't actually driven one but i did sit on one at the bike show last year. it was amazingly well balanced and did feel like a bike that weighed considerably less. The one thing that I thought sucked and it has been mentioned already, was the bags, they don't actually hold much although they look huge. If I were in the market for this type of bike, I'd definitely consider it.
+1 on the bags. Less room in the side bags than Harley and Gold Wing. But the new cross country has a more conventional bag with greater storage. Nice thing about the Vision bag design is push a button and it opens. You can open it one handed.

Oh, did I mention that the 2009s have a 5 year warranty?--Standard!

Bob

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 09-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Other than the ridiculous-looking skulls, this is a bagger I could live with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010_Victory_Cross_country.jpg (66.8 KB, 56 views)

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Big bucks and no dealer network. Otherwise, I might test drive one.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Big bucks and no dealer network. Otherwise, I might test drive one.
The dealer that carries the Victory line has been around here in the City for at least 27 years, because I bought my first motorcycle from him, a Yamacrappy YZ 350 back when I was 16! Since he's riding a Vision, I doubt I have to worry about him dropping the line anytime soon...

Don't ride one unless you want to buy it. I am serious about this warning. I am seriously smitten by this bike...

Bob

D.F.F.D.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
me, well, I just can't get past the 'style' of the thing ......

I'm not a 'bagger' kinda guy anyways .... not that there's anything wrong with baggers .... but even if I waz .... this isn't the look that pleases my ole eyes ...............

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 09-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

Looks like someone I'd least expect to ride a Vision now owns one...

Says it's the best bike he's ridden in 52 years...

Sonny Barger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sonnybarger_selfedge_forweb-6.jpg (100.4 KB, 46 views)

D.F.F.D.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Bob, just buy it!!!!!!

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Bob, go buy one today........err, oh, forgot, they're not open today. Sorry, you'll have to come back tomorrow.

Thorns

PS. They're closed on Mondays too....try Tuesday. Oh, the horror!

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 09-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
Looks like someone I'd least expect to ride a Vision now owns one...

Says it's the best bike he's ridden in 52 years...

Sonny Barger
He even has a Thunderheader on it!

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
Bob, go buy one today........err, oh, forgot, they're not open today. Sorry, you'll have to come back tomorrow.

Thorns

PS. They're closed on Mondays too....try Tuesday. Oh, the horror!

®
Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Comparo between '09 Vision Premium, CVO Ultra, and Wing-a-ding here

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen