Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
'08 HD Road Glide

I got to take one of these mile eaters out a few days after the new model lineup was introduced.

A few changes were made to the Road Glide this year, and the touring lineup as a whole. The Road Glide now comes with a black and chrome engine and transmission, as opposed to the silver and chrome of the few years past. All touring bikes now have a 6 gallon tank, and come with Brembo brakes, with ABS as an option.

The model I test rode did not have the ABS option, but I was told that the "brain" of the ABS system no longer occupies a saddlebag, like on the police models. Instead, Harley has been able to tuck the brain under a side panel in front of the saddlebags, a location that has had an empty spot to fill for a while. For anyone who has seen 8-Ball's horn installation, where his horn is now located is where the ABS brain resides, or so I've been told.

There are many other slight changes to the model lineup, most unseen unless you really start picking deep into the bike. None of which really affect the ride, which is what I'm supposed to be talking about here, so on with it.

The layout of the Road Glide is unchanged from years past. Radio, cruise control, and the big V-twin rumble all come standard. The 96 cubic inch engine delivers power very smoothly through all 6 gears, but has a very slight stumble starting out in first. This was a little unexpected, but was much easier to overcome than the stumble on the BMW's R1200RT. Only a little more throttle input was needed to get this heavy tourer started out.

On the road, the Road Glide shines. The fixed fairing really cuts through the wind, leaving the rider in a calm pocket of air, all while transferring none of the buffetting winds to the handlebars, unlike the Harley Electra Glide.

The bike handles like it's much lighter than it really is. Tight turns, twisties, slow speed manuvers, and panic stops, now thanks to the Brembo brakes, are all handled with ease.

The six gallon gas tank should now extend the range of the Road Glide to nearly 250 miles. And, with the standard cruise control and radio, those 250 miles should be easy to rack up.

I've been out the past week test riding quite a few bikes, looking for my next "must have". I have concluded that the BMW K1200GT is my must have bike, even after riding the Road Glide.

However, there are things that man (and woman) cannot live without. And the ride of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle is one of those things.

My next bike WILL have a H-D tank badge.

After that, who knows what could happen.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (129.0 KB, 43 views)

Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
I have never ridden a Goad Glide, but I have ridden a 1981 Tour Glide, its Grand Daddy. I will have to admit, with the fairing being frame mounted, it is much more nimble at slow speeds than an EG with a Bat Wing mounted on the front end.
Thanks for the review.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Another good review man. I have to get on one of those Road Glides someday.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Jams

Great reading --

More please.