Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 AM
really small member

RidinDirty has failed to amuse us
TC 88 Rt side (pinion) bearing

Im rebuilding the engine again in my 2002 fxdx with stock 4.0" stroke flywheels built by darkhorse crankworks, 110 cvo ported and flowed heads, S.E. 10.5istons 22123-08a, custom ground .630" geardrive cams, Mikuni HSR 48.
Im having some trouble finding a replacement pinion side main bearing. The stock bearing 24623-99b has a plastic cage that i dont want to use if i dont have to. I was going to use the updated se bearing 24605-07, used in 07+ models on both sides, but i just realized that thery are different sizes and wont retrofit back.
Does anyone know or have a used a different bearing in rt side case for high performance app. Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If the lefty bearing won't fit the right side, I'd call Darkhorse. See what they recommend.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
really small member

RidinDirty has failed to amuse us
Thanks geezer. Called darkhorse, they use the harley bearing and thats all there is. Also found out that hd used to use a roller bearing with a steel cage but they quit using it b/c the cage was wearing on the rollers. Also that bearing was supersceeded with in the last 5 years and canot be remade untill 5 years after the last supercession.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Interesting. I know of people that put the lefty bearing in the right side, but I don't recall what year the engines were.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Stock on left, "lefty" on right. Both were steel cages iirc. Just did a set of lefty's 2 weeks ago and they were metal??

stock

lefty