Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 PM
GrayRider

Put a regular battery charger on it and see if that cures it. If not, call me..I'll make you laugh.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I noticed too that the battery tender light went to red and it is still red... 20 minutes later...

I'm suspecting battery.... how long do these things last...
Varies from three to five years-----

most crap out around mile post 116 I think>
Old 09-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Thanks for the replies first off...

I came back... the gun is nice by the way... and I am now on my way to cooling off...

The battery tender light was green when I got home.

I then turned on the ignition and then flipped the run switch. The engine light came on as normal... then went out... then came back on for about 2 more seconds then went out again. I waited for awhile and it didn't come back on again.

I noticed too that the battery tender light went to red and it is still red... 20 minutes later...

The manual says to check trouble codes but doesn't say how or at least I can't find it. I'm suspecting battery.... how long do these things last...

I'm not afraid of riding in a bad neighborhood... Owning a Harley scares me to death...

Read txchp's post ya doof...pull the code...clear the code and go from there. If it's a historical code the light won't come back on. I would be willing to bet it's a P1353-P1357.

Last edited by vafatboy; 09-07-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yo Ocho. Read Txchop's reply. His and LittleBears. You threw a code. You can tell what it is by doing what Tx told you to do.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Owning a Harley scares me to death...
it should scare........

you

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 PM
8-Ball

Txchop.... Thanks, didn't notice you sneak in behind me there... I just printed it out... been drinkin' now... not sure I'm safe...

Gray... thanks, and you did...

I don't have a charger... and the tender is complainin'...

Mary has the ghillie suit on... man... decisions...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
8-Ball

TXCHOP... hot damn...

I ran the codes in all sectors and got only one...

P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion EFI

Cleared the code and it appeared historical.... got it to say NONE.

Checked the front spark plug wire and the little ferrule that threads onto the sparkplug and come unscrewed so there spark plug wire was basically just sitting on top of the spark plug top threads... Screwed another plug into the spark plug wire boot and extracted the ferrule. Screwd and tightened the ferrule back onto the spark plug... Snapped the plug wire boot back on and checked for the extra Engine light appearance... it didn't... just the normal sequence...

THANKS MAN!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
TXCHOP... hot damn...

Checked the front spark plug wire and the little ferrule that threads onto the sparkplug and come unscrewed so there spark plug wire was basically just sitting on top of the spark plug top threads... Screwed another plug into the spark plug wire boot and extracted the ferrule. Screwd and tightened the ferrule back onto the spark plug... Snapped the plug wire boot back on and checked for the extra Engine light appearance... it didn't... just the normal sequence...

THANKS MAN!!!!
Time to hunt down Mary in that Ghillie suit, if you can find her.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Quote:
TXCHOP... hot damn...

THANKS MAN!!!!
Ahh...Victory!!! Cheap and easy fixes are the best ones..Glad this one was simple for you..Now back to drinking........
Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Jams

Sheez! I was already to suggest that you need to disable the engine light bulb
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Get rid of the tender, I don't beleive in them. Now that I got two bikes, I am still fighting them.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Battery tenders are great for long term storage, but they don't do dick for charging a low battery.
Just turning on the ignition will draw down your battery quite a bit with the headlight on. What moron at HD thought it would be a good idea to have to power the headlight at the same time as the starter.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 09-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=18

Glad you got it figured out.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
8-ball, you are now qualified to work, as a tech, at the local H-D dealer. Demand Saturdays OFF...

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 09-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
What moron at HD thought it would be a good idea to have to power the headlight at the same time as the starter.

Joe
Actually, I think the always on headlight was our Federal Govt at work again.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto