Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Clean & Sober
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Looks like I'm gonna be here for a bit....

My friends, the time has come for me to put the bottle down... I've go to do it for my health and my sanity. I need to quit smoking too, but for now, one "vice" at a time. It hasn't taken very long to realize I can quit drinking/smoking just for the "novelty" of it, for brief periods of time. And be rest assured, I'm real good at being a "functional" drunk. Every once in awhile I can even fool myself, but I can't fool my body or the cancer which is guaranteed to recur if I don't get a handle on my life. I actually got my first DWI last weekend, which pretty much was the "turning point"... For those of you who didn't see the thread, I was "barely" over, but I know in my heart it was just a small part of a bigger problem, and I do realize it.

Amazingly enough, I actually bought my bike just to have something to do besides drinking/smoking (cigarettes, BTW.... for some unknown reason, the whole drug thing has never appealed to me and I never did anything more than smoke weed maybe 10 times in my life and hated it... strange I don't feel the same about alcohol... who knows??) I did good for a little while, but it didn't take long for old habits to render the bike "parked" for safety's sake, which was great for keeping my butt outta jail, but not great as a "lifestyle" as a general whole, and especially not for most of the past 23 yrs...

I know I can do this, but it's gonna be tough!

Jeff Seal

...swords and tequila carry me through the fight!

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Sounds like you're on the right road, Jeff.
Hopefully, somebody who knows more than me about this will chime in here...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Stu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographic
Hey Bro, I have battled addiction for close to 25 years. I have been clean from drugs now for 6 months and 6 days. Yes I count the days. If I can do it anyone can, but not alone. I found out that others in "The Rooms" are more than willing to put out a hand and help. Just look at my thread in this forum. Its unbelievable what life is like sober. We all got your back Bro. Tim

No Life Like Lo Life
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
pairofnines

Jeff:

Rest assured that we will support your efforts and pull for your success>

It is and will always be one day at a time so start marking the days off>

If you need us just give a shout out and we will come a running>
Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
All I can do is tell my story.

I don't know if I've been an alcoholic or not....by AA standards the answer would probably be no.

I did drink habitually for many years, at least a six pack a day and at least a case on the weekend.

Then I had a physical for an insurance policy. I got a call that said the doc wanted to see me and talk about my blood tests.

I had never seen this doc before. He came in the room, looked at my chart, looked at me, looked back at the chart and said "Do you drink?" I said yes. "How much?" I told him. He looked at the chart, looked at me and said "You really ought to quit."

That from numbers on a chart.

So...I stopped. And three days later felt like crap and had the shakes.

I went 8 years without a drink. That was late 80's-early 90's.

Lots of water under the bridge since then and I am not abstinent, but I no longer drink habitually. I may have a beer or two every month or two, and whereas I used to really like beer, It just doesn't taste that great to me now. I also try to remain in solidarity with cQQlgirl.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thanks guys, my biggest "problem" so far has been that quite honestly, I'm not around people who are trying to give any sort of addiction up. I don't want to "alienate" my friends, but at the same time I have made it perfectly clear I don't expect them to understand. I WILL take myself out of circulation for as long as it takes, to get this under control.

Jeff

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Stu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe-man! View Post
Thanks guys, my biggest "problem" so far has been that quite honestly, I'm not around people who are trying to give any sort of addiction up. I don't want to "alienate" my friends, but at the same time I have made it perfectly clear I don't expect them to understand. I WILL take myself out of circulation for as long as it takes, to get this under control.

Jeff
Man, I had the same problem. But until I truly "gave up" did anything change. I white knuckled it at first, but realized that "I" couldnt do it. Its a "We" thing.

No Life Like Lo Life
Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 PM
pairofnines

Just remember the first one (drink) is the easiest one to say no to>

Until you get it under control --one is two to many>

Now---get - er - done bro> We are rooting for you>
Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:

Jeff
Wise decision.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:45 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Admitting you may have a problem is good start, ya can't fix something that isn't broke. There are a few of us recovering addicts or alcoholics here, and we like to help if we can. Stick with the winners and seek help, it's out there man!
Good luck Axeman...

fixed it for ya!!!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.

Last edited by dynageno; 09-21-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 AM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Jeff, go see your doctor, there is now a one time shot you can get to break your addiction to smokes and booze.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 09-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
Jeff, go see your doctor, there is now a one time shot you can get to break your addiction to smokes and booze.
Ill take two.

No Life Like Lo Life
Old 09-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Admitting you may have a problem isn't good start, ya can't fix something that isn't broke. There are a few of us recovering addicts or alcoholics here, and we like to help if we can. Stick with the winners and seek help, it's out there man!
Good luck Axeman...
I will assume you meant "isn't a good start", but I can assure you I DO have a problem with this, and I will never "downplay" it.... i've been doing that for too long!!

Jeff

Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
humor me please!!!.....(I'm not used to being "coherent")

There's a one-time shot from my .357 that will also cure that...

but I'll pass on that one...

...it is a joke.. that line doesn't ever get crossed... ever!!!

Last edited by Axe-man!; 09-21-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
humor me please!!!.....(I'm not used to being "coherent")

There's a one-time shot from my .357 that will also cure that...

but I'll pass on that one...

No Life Like Lo Life