Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Exclamation HELP!!!!

Ok folks and folkettes, I own an '09 FXD, (stripped down, base model Super Glide) that came stock with the stubby risers, integrated speedo/ idiot light/ top handlebar clamp mount, and a set of buck horn bars.
I hated the way the bars felt, and changed them out, and I like the wrist angle of drag style bars better anyway. Flattrack bars do the same thing, but have a better rise to them, and thats what I'd rather have anyway.
What I'm looking for, is a top handle bar clamp, that has a flat speedo/ idiot light mount profile, rather than the angled profile the stock mount has.
I don't care what color, or if its chrome or not, and a set of used flattrack bars ( example; old XL bars, wider width) I have a set of 4" pullback risers, with the stock "dogbone" bolt pattern, so all I need is that flat top clamp.
I am currently unemployed, and have a tight budget, so if they are ugly, it don't matter, paint is cheap.
I just did a 300+ mile ride, and became (painfully) aware that I need to fix this ASAP, so any help or info would be appreciated. (my shoulders are still a bit sore)
Thanks guys and gals!

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Old 01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I changed the bars on DPH's Super Glide to my Street Bob's old mini apes...I still need a pull back riser, though. What kinda pullback riser you got?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I don't have anything for you, but I can tell you that I changed the bars on my low rider to a set of 07 superglide bars someone gave me from a set of arlen ness drag bars. The new bars are more like a beach bar effect with the 4 inch riser. We did a 500 mile run on thanksgiving and with the drag bars I was pretty hurting and decided to try this change, haven't ridden much but the bars come back more and the should be more comfy.....just a thought

scroll to the end to see the final result...

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...ghlight=risers
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
i can tell you from over 45K miles worth of riding with my one piece drag bars that they are in no way comfortable on a ride longer than about 100 miles. they look as cool as the other side of the pillow feels. they will cause a pain just at the base of your neck, and slightly above your shoulders......but hey i went for looks not comfort..

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Not sure exactly what yer after, but I have this one....... it's yours if ya want it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1260001.JPG (76.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg P1260002.JPG (75.3 KB, 52 views)

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache36 View Post
i can tell you from over 45K miles worth of riding with my one piece drag bars that they are in no way comfortable on a ride longer than about 100 miles. they look as cool as the other side of the pillow feels. they will cause a pain just at the base of your neck, and slightly above your shoulders.....

Then you know EXACTLY why I'm lookin' for this stuff Josh!!!!
That is exactly the same thing I am experiencing.

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 01-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney61 View Post
Not sure exactly what yer after, but I have this one....... it's yours if ya want it.
Stoney, PM'ed you with the particulars, thanks so much for the response!!

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 01-27-2010, 01:54 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
that stoney he's alright....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

OK folks, found the top clamp/risers, I need (thanks Stoney!!!!)
Now I'm lookin' for a set of flattrack pattern bars, like the wider ones that came on Sportsters, and some FXD's.
They are 31" wide, 4 1/2" rise, and the HD part # is 56085-83a, and like I said before, I don't care if they are ugly, long as they ain't bent, I'll be a happy camper!!!!
I'm gonna post this in Items wanted too, and thanks in advance for the help Guys!!!

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I might have a set of bars as well....I'll check when I get home tonight.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If you're mounting the speedo to the clamp at the end of 4" risers, you're probably not going to have enough speedo/idiot light cable length to do it. I found out the hard way. You might be better off with bars that rise the 4" instead of the risers.

I replaced my Buckhorns with Sportster bars I found in a shopping cart at the local HD dealer for $25. You might send a note to Cycle Warehouse in Butler, PA, they have floors and floors of decent stuff cheap.

I thought I was going to need the risers to get the bars closer for comfort, but they work great right where they are.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
If you're mounting the speedo to the clamp at the end of 4" risers, you're probably not going to have enough speedo/idiot light cable length to do it. I found out the hard way. You might be better off with bars that rise the 4" instead of the risers.
Thanks for the heads up, but I've already had the 4" pullback risers on the bike, and no issues with the cable, as the FX comes in so many configurations now, they made it longer, on the later models, so it would be simpler, cheaper, and quicker to change bar/riser combos, both on the assembly line, and in the shops.
The issue I'm having, is that if I put the pullback risers on, it changes the angle of the top clamp, thereby making the speedo both unusable, and making it look completely silly too, as the top clamp has a built in angle to it, where the speedo goes in it.

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I'd give you my Sporty bars...but they are bent a little bit. Bike fell over.

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

just a big ol' Doof.....
Old 01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, at least ONE arm would be comfortable.............

Meng

TKWSV