Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Breakin from Motoman....

OK....lets hear the Doof opinions of this knowlege.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Thats the method I used on my dyna-break it in hard...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Keeper has failed to amuse us
I concur. A few years ago I changed my view on this subject after my buddy Bill and I did our shovelheads. He believed in the break in period and is a professional wrench. I on the other hand was a believer in the break in period, but switched over after a local pro flat tracker convinced me in his shop to break in my build his way ( we have a local flat track here guys in case ur interested).
Stock motors are ok for a break in, but worked motors on the other hand need to be broken in the way there going to be ridin. It all made sense and the results are proven. How? Mine is still going strong, Bill redid his this winter. :14unsure: He has'nt told me yet why. He knows I'm gonna have some fun with him and he's just puting off the inevitable :smiley-faces-77:
Old 02-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
When I built my MR 98" engine, I did three heat cycles like Steve said to do. I then went out and rode it. After 25 easy miles, well..... my right wrist just couldn't stand it any longer and I whacked it. The bike, not my wrist. Long story short, I've been using the new HP and TQ from the 98"er from the beginning and there is no problem!!! Didn't do the 500 mile break in, just rode it like I stole it!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-09-2007, 08:11 PM
BANNED

SeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographic
I concour with GG after about 100 mi and a new efi map i called poppa doof and he said let her rip. its been good ever since
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 PM
8-Ball

I was a bit more cautious.... I have history.

Steve heat cycled my bike, then I took it real easy through 50 miles of mountain roads giving it lots of accel and decel opportunity. I then rode it 400 miles of freeway running it from 60mph to 85mph and back down...

My bike scares the crap out of me now... (fast).
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yea, but it rides and handles better now, doesn't it?!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
If you ask me, well i will chime in anyway. First 3-4 heatcycles and 50 easy miles most important. Follow up with the next 250 or so miles varying rpm a lot(keeping under4k). I like to get up to speed in gear and then let the engine brake it back down..I do this a lot in the first fisty miles as well...after 250 miles your bike will tell you what it wants. I know on my build 400 was the magic number that everything felt good again. It got quite and dam powerful.Listen for the runon when you shut if off. If it shuts right off in a split second, it not broken in yet. My bike will sneak up on me i am showing off....Now that was my .02 got change?