Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Luggage rack bag from Cabelas

I don't have any pics yet. But I just got back from Cabelas and bought tackle box bag that fits great on the tourpak luggage rack. Perfect width, 12". Its 23.5" long, the rack is about 20+".

Weatherproof not water proof. Has big pocket in front and mesh pocket inside.

I bought the Cabelas Stormproof super Magnum, $59. In store.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...+bag&noImage=0

On the website this got this one $30. No front pocket. This is the one I was looking for. Tempted to return mine for the $, but will probably just keep due to time.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...714&hasJS=true

Cabelas can be disappointing, when comparing catalog to store. Plus they will ship free to store items they carry in store, but not catalog only items.

Either way its $30 plus shipping or $60 in store.

I wanted the hard bottom. So its not beding over and rubbin paint like a duffel. But I didn't want to spend $200. Plus this looks like it will stay dry.

Bad thing is, when not in use, it will not compess, and be stored like a duffel.

I also would like to think that the Cabelas stuff, while pricey is decent.

Also I can't take credit. BillyB?? Not sure. But someone got a boating storage bag from Bass pro shop. Gave me the idea.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Next looking for a bag that is about 1/2 the size of the tourpak. I use a saddle bag liner in one bag. But need something for tourpak. I have used duffels. But problem is you need to be careful not to over back. Trying to find something that its shape will restirct.

Have been using gf bag that is eitehr a tackle bag or dog trainer bag. Its rigth size, but has side pouches that leave dead spots.

Most duffels are to long. Gonna keep looking in the tackel box sections.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Excommunicated

I have suggested we just share a tourpak bag

She'll share......
Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I don't have any pics yet. But I just got back from Cabelas and bought tackle box bag that fits great on the tourpak luggage rack. Perfect width, 12". Its 23.5" long, the rack is about 20+".

Weatherproof not water proof. Has big pocket in front and mesh pocket inside.

I bought the Cabelas Stormproof super Magnum, $59. In store.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...+bag&noImage=0

On the website this got this one $30. No front pocket. This is the one I was looking for. Tempted to return mine for the $, but will probably just keep due to time.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...714&hasJS=true

Cabelas can be disappointing, when comparing catalog to store. Plus they will ship free to store items they carry in store, but not catalog only items.

Either way its $30 plus shipping or $60 in store.

I wanted the hard bottom. So its not beding over and rubbin paint like a duffel. But I didn't want to spend $200. Plus this looks like it will stay dry.

Bad thing is, when not in use, it will not compess, and be stored like a duffel.

I also would like to think that the Cabelas stuff, while pricey is decent.

Also I can't take credit. BillyB?? Not sure. But someone got a boating storage bag from Bass pro shop. Gave me the idea.
They offer free shipping promotional discounts from time to time. Last one just expired on Jun 25. Sign up for their email propaganda on their website and you'll get sent the promotional discounts too. I had a big order which saved me $31.00 in shipping.