Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
So what is this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip.jpg (2.3 KB, 113 views)

Curt

Old 12-03-2009, 05:34 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
It's lookin' like an en-bloc clip from here.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So if your 1911 uses a "standard" 7 round 1911 magazine will a 8 round 1911 magazine also fit it?

Oh yeah, Springfield Champion 4"...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Another magazine Q, my Remington 700 BDLDM 7mm Rem Mag, only holds 3 rounds in the "Drop Mag".

Does anyone make a larger capacity magazine for it or just buy some more stock ones from Remington...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 01-03-2011, 10:49 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
So if your 1911 uses a "standard" 7 round 1911 magazine will a 8 round 1911 magazine also fit it?

Oh yeah, Springfield Champion 4"...
OK, there are "Gov't" sized mags, which the original 1911 used. Original capacity was 7 rds. There are some new follower/spring designs that allow that size mag body to hold 8 rds.

The same advances allow the "Officer's ACP" sized mags to hold 7 rds instead of 6.

That being said, I go with the original 7 and 6 round capacity for carry because I am a dinosaur.

Quote:
Another magazine Q, my Remington 700 BDLDM 7mm Rem Mag, only holds 3 rounds in the "Drop Mag".

Does anyone make a larger capacity magazine for it or just buy some more stock ones from Remington...
Dunno, but do your homework on aftermarket mags before you stray from factory originals.
Most are, generally, crap.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Well yeah you see I took the deal cupon that came with my pistol, bought 4 extra magazines from Springfield for $12 each. Each 7 round, the one that came in the box was 7, maybe the Champion is like a PPK/S in that manner, full frame size in the grip area?

I am still learning, asking questions...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Looks like yours has the full size mag well.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I just tell um, clips goes in little girls hair~

>just call me N00DLES<

®
Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

And I bet you pull them out just for the fun of it...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Well yeah you see I took the deal cupon that came with my pistol, bought 4 extra magazines from Springfield for $12 each. Each 7 round, the one that came in the box was 7, maybe the Champion is like a PPK/S in that manner, full frame size in the grip area?

I am still learning, asking questions...

I was glad that I saved the extra /S mags when I sold the /S and later replaced it with a standard PPK.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
gAZINTAs

J's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suck
I call magazines, magazines, but I ALWAYS incorrectly call these clips...but I do know better.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

I recall many fun hours sitting at my kitchen table in ND linking up surplus .308 ammo in once fired links I got for a penny apice and tumbled...

Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

I could quit my day job.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 01-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Another magazine question.

As it is said 1911 mags take a set to the spring if kept fully loaded, does this apply to all 1911 mags or just the older ones? As in, is the spring made of better spring material in this day and age?

Keep them unloaded or one or two rounds short of a load?

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 01-23-2011, 12:43 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Another magazine question.

As it is said 1911 mags take a set to the spring if kept fully loaded, does this apply to all 1911 mags or just the older ones? As in, is the spring made of better spring material in this day and age?

Keep them unloaded or one or two rounds short of a load?
I don't think the spring issue is specific to magazines. I read the same thing for springs inside the choke tube for scatterguns. They say if you're going to keep the scattergun loaded all the time, buy extra springs.