Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Oil & Lubrication
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Oil & Lubrication Possibly, we need just one more discussion...

Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Known Associate

george douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge douglas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Diesel oil versus Amsoil dyno run

I have brought over my post from the v-twinforum.com concerning the use of 15w 40 diesel oil in your harley. Any thoughts on the results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryskydives
I am an Amsoil Dealer in the Jackson, MS area - we have a guy here that is highly regarded in high performance HD engines as well as other race oriented engines. He has been a proponent of Rotella 15 W40 oil in the engines he builds and works on.

After talking with him at length and showing him technical information on Amsoil, he decided to try some in his 2009 Screaming Eagle Road Glide. Before doing so he did three dyno runs with the Rotella and then did three dyno runs with the Amsoil Dominator 15W 50 in the engine and Amsoil Severe Gear 75 W110 in the transmission.

The dyno showed an approx. 3 - 4 hp increase in HP and a 5 -6 ft lb increase in torque and approx 3 mph increase in top end.

After seeing these results he is now an Amsoil Dealer. He liked it so much he became a dealer.

Larry Stapleton
www.stapletonoil.com

Larry thanks for posting this. I know the story on this as I had a meeting with Larry last week and what is most interesting about this is the engine builder wanted Amsoil to fail and for Larry to go down the road and sell someone else his perceived over rated oil that Amsoil produces. This engine builder had already failed other highly rated oils on dyno runs using his diesel oil versus Mobil 1, Joe Gibbs racing oil, and Royal Purple and he thought he would be able to do the same against the Amsoil 15w 50 racing oil.

When Larry called me before performing this test and told me the oil he chose to use I told him he may be setting himself up for failure due to a NON apples to apples comparison because he was testing a 50 weight against a 40 weight. The 40 weight oil no matter what oil base it was would have an unequal advantage typically. My choice would have been to test our 10w 40 motorcycle oil to keep an apples to apples test.

Now I would like some of you gearheads to explain the logic of these test results. Also this racing oil can certainly be used in your engine, but this is not a recommended oil for your harley. Is it possible that all oils are not created equal?

george

Last edited by george douglas; 11-21-2008 at 11:18 AM.