Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Bike Detailing
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Bike Detailing Discuss the proper care and cleaning of the scoot.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Thumbs up Harley Swirl & Scratch Treatment

Stuff seems to work pretty well. Got rid of the swirls and spots on my paint without too much effort. I think it does a better job than the Harley Glaze I used to use...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I've got some kind of streaky residue on my fairing from the Harley Spray Cleaner & Polish that I used on it.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Scabby says that if you have a dog lick it your paint will get clean

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
I've got some kind of streaky residue on my fairing from the Harley Spray Cleaner & Polish that I used on it.
Everybody raves about that aerosol detailer.
It's crap. I used it once when they were out of the Harley Gloss in the trigger sprayer.
If I didn't throw it away, somebody who likes it can have it.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
It was ok as long as I didn't spray it directly on the paint, which I did on the fairing.

I'm sure it will come off. I just haven't had time to try yet.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Regardless, the Harley Gloss stuff is better.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

But I don't have any of it.

I do have some McGuire's spray detailer though.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:55 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Quote:
But I don't have any of it.

I do have some McGuire's spray detailer though.
Me, too.
I actually like the Harley Gloss better.
I'm such a RUB.
If I was Canadian, I'd be a poseur.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I use Meguiar's stuff. The Deep Crystal line......

Only because I have tons of it from when I used to show the GTO.

The paint cleaner and polish work with little effort, and the carnauba wax makes the black paint just that much spiffier!!!!!!!

Ooh! Shiny!

I use the Meguiar's Spray Detailer, too. It's good for bug removal, among other things.......
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Carnu-B wax works the best for me. Got it at a car show!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

I'm lazy for the wax. I just use the liquid Meguiars Tech Wax once a year, and the Harley Gloss through the year after that.
Turtle Wax bug and tar remover for me. The DuPont stuff is crap.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
I use Meguiar's stuff. The Deep Crystal line......

Only because I have tons of it from when I used to show the GTO.

The paint cleaner and polish work with little effort, and the carnauba wax makes the black paint just that much spiffier!!!!!!!

Ooh! Shiny!

I use the Meguiar's Spray Detailer, too. It's good for bug removal, among other things.......
I knew I misspelled that, but didn't feel like going to look for the bottle. LOL

Did you use the clay bars too? Those made the black paint look almost liquid, like you could reach right through it.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I knew I misspelled that, but didn't feel like going to look for the bottle. LOL

Did you use the clay bars too? Those made the black paint look almost liquid, like you could reach right through it.
I haven't used the clay bar on the bike, but I did on the GTO. That paint looked miles deep afterwards.......

Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Meguiar's Ultimate liquid compound followed by Tech wax.....works great..
Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
I use zaino on the black bike. Not good for swirls that I've experienced. Gonna find something different when I run out.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.