Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 09-30-2007, 01:01 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Here's a start...the doof vs. gazinta thing is fine, good for laughs and jokes, but some take it WAY too seriously. Way too seriously.

Isn't this supposed to be fun? Some of us need to take step back, look at the big picture, and LIGHTEN UP!!

The doofs are not superior to those who call themselves gazintas, and likewise, the 'zints are not better than the doofs.

I have been in on my fair share of gazinta-bashing, but I have decided that when something crosses the line from good-natured kidding to what might be taken as hostile, hurtful remarks or pictures, then it's wrong. Since I don't know how the other may take what I have written or posted, I can't judge if I have possibly hurt one of the people who I care about. (That's all of you on this board, doof, gazinta or otherwise).

I apologize to anyone who has been angered or hurt by something I may have posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Still fun. I've found that when encountering someone who wants to act like an asshat, the best thing is to totally ignore them.

Now..... Having said that, I am in NO WAY IMPLYING that anyone in this forum or any other forum is an asshat.

I would implore people to be informed and educated on a topic/subject before allowing themselves to be mislead or perhaps even to shoot themselves in their own foot.

We are all ONE here. Get it? ONE!!!!! What drew us to this little corner of cyberspace? Remember? Disharmony and discord, that's what.

For those new to our little corner, and who did not experience the crap that had once been prevelent down the street, take it from me we ALL banded together as ONE.

WE ARE A COLLECTIVE!!

Doof can not exist without gAZINTa and gAZINTA can not exist without Doof. PERIOD!!!!!!

Get over yourselves. Now, who wants a beer? I'm buyin' the first round.

Carry on.

To coin a phrase used here a lot.... I concur!

Old 09-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Still fun for me..I don't take myself too seriously. I stay away from the whining, so this will be my only post in this thread. In fact, sorry that I opened it.
Betcha it won't be......

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Anything else is a copy

Harris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarris is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
When I first came here, I posted this:

This Doof Place
I like this board.

If you'd have told me when the Doof Clenas first came into being that I would have anything to do with them, I'd have been quite surprised.

Years ago, I used to post fairly regularly on another message board. A certain faction decided they were a "club" and then began deciding who did and didn't belong. Before long it caused major problems, and the board sort of disintegrated. Some went one way, some another and I just drifted away.

As the Doof Clenas came about, I was truly worried that this was going to be a repeat of what I'd seen before. I'd argued against the formation of the DC forum on the VTF, and figured as it grew it would become another "us against them"¯ deal. Strangely, just the opposite occurred. The first thing I noticed was that not once has someone been told they "can't be a DC"¯. Many have said they won't, but not one single time have I seen someone excluded. This is a lot more like what I see in riding in the real world. For all the talk on message boards, no one I've ever met on a motorcycle has treated me badly, nor do I see them treating others that way. Generally, that's been my experience in life off the motorcycle as well.

Now the doofs are here, much more than on the VTF. Instead of some return to strictly technical threads, the entire VTF seems consumed with trolls (I define trolls simply as people who post any thing, strictly in an effort to get pages of response. They will turn around and post the opposite the next day to do the same thing) posting about "Rubs"¯. Apparently no one there remembers this guy's whole focus for three years was the impending collapse of Harley stock, and that started when a dealer wouldn't give him a Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide at invoice or below. Hardly sounds like a person committed to riding for the enjoyment of riding (my definition of a biker).

Meanwhile this board is fun, funny, and populated with people that - while I have never met in real life - I've gone from trying to point out scenic routes, to deciding to take a week off of work to ride with.

I am really happy with my "blue"¯ status. It's not very likely to change. As Groucho said I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member. But more importantly, I'm glad to be around people that wouldn't think of telling someone they're not "qualified" to belong.

I apologize if this sounds too "Touristic".

I haven't put enough study to be able to point fingers. I sort of doubt fingers need to be pointed.

However, anything - even things in jest - that go "us against them" cause hurt feelings eventually.

Remember (all of us) started as the group that the "majority" would not tolerate. We have proven that the problem was not us, but the "majority". The VTF did not improve with the departure of the DC.

We must now take care not to become what we have already proven does not work.

This is still a great place, because of great people. Let us not take ourselves seriously (Notice I didn't say 'too' seriously. Lets not take ourselves seriously AT ALL).

Harris

"So I just switched the heads"
Old 09-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
just sayin'...
Damn Mike,

Nothing like farting and leaving the room.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks for weighing in Harris, your opinion is always welcome here. Your experience and knowledge in forum matters is enlightening.

BTW, I think you'd be cute in green. Yes, I said cute.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
How is the nefarious plan to infiltrate the zints going? How many do we have in there now? I know that can't read this, or I wouldn't have asked.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Woody218

Just got back from a short ride. It occurs to me that anything in life is as fun as we make it. Rather than sit back and depend on someone else to create the fun, shouldn't we ALL be responsible for creating said fun? I think so...

You guys and ladies are ALL my friends, and if I could, and the need was there, I'd bust my ass for ANY one of you, doof or gazinta.

You are ALL good people!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:28 PM
RedBeard

Mothers of River City, heed that warning before it's too late! Watch for the telltale signs of corruption! The minute your son leaves the house, does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee? Is there a nicotine stain on his index finger? A dime-novel hidden in the corncrib? Is he starting to memorize jokes from Captain Billy's Whiz-Bang? Are certain words creeping into his conversation? Words like "swell" and "so's your old man"? If so my friends, ya got trouble!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Mothers of River City, heed that warning before it's too late! Watch for the telltale signs of corruption! The minute your son leaves the house, does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee? Is there a nicotine stain on his index finger? A dime-novel hidden in the corncrib? Is he starting to memorize jokes from Captain Billy's Whiz-Bang? Are certain words creeping into his conversation? Words like "swell" and "so's your old man"? If so my friends, ya got trouble!

Now THAT is one of the funniest posts I've EVER read!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Direct quote from The Music Man....

Old 09-30-2007, 03:19 PM
zoof 43-7

BigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Here's a start...the doof vs. gazinta thing is fine, good for laughs and jokes, but some take it WAY too seriously. Way too seriously.

Isn't this supposed to be fun? Some of us need to take step back, look at the big picture, and LIGHTEN UP!!

The doofs are not superior to those who call themselves gazintas, and likewise, the 'zints are not better than the doofs.

I have been in on my fair share of gazinta-bashing, but I have decided that when something crosses the line from good-natured kidding to what might be taken as hostile, hurtful remarks or pictures, then it's wrong. Since I don't know how the other may take what I have written or posted, I can't judge if I have possibly hurt one of the people who I care about. (That's all of you on this board, doof, gazinta or otherwise).

I apologize to anyone who has been angered or hurt by something I may have posted.
This is why I am a zoof...all brothers in the same fraternity..Doof or Zint
Friendly sibling rivalry.....BTW, brothers have each other's back. ALWAYS.
Jim

Order of the Garlic Clove

Jim "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNF7sIgFUc
Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I just hope everyone new and old to this whole experience of DooF and gaZinta and the brotherhood and sisterhood know it's all tongue in cheek and good natured ribbing.
And we hold together as one.

I was around at the start over at the other place. Those haters or miss-understanders of jocularity that is why we had to sail to a new world (forum).

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
DOUBLE XL DOOF

THEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse us
All right, enough! Group hug!!

Roger
Old 09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
RedBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBEAR View Post
All right, enough! Group hug!!

Now THEM is fightin' words.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:01 PM
breaker of tables

meanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
What makes y'all think he's talking about this board?