Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
I have never had my clothes catch fire, either...
I knew a girl in high school that could set my pants on fire from 10 feet away........

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 PM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
I knew a girl in high school that could set my pants on fire from 10 feet away........
I'd recommend penicillin for that...

Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post
You knew her too?

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
I can still get an Evo?

Morons.

I have never had my clothes catch fire, either...

I had my leather jacket smoldering but i left it on the handle bars while the bike was warming

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Warning: All Harley-Davidson motorcycles are to be operated in the Winter months, November - February, and above the Mason-Dixon line. If you operate the motorcycle at any other time, operate at your own risk...

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
Warning: All Harley-Davidson motorcycles are to be operated in the Winter months, November - February, and above the Mason-Dixon line. If you operate the motorcycle at any other time, operate at your own risk...
My bike seems to run better those monthes. I still haven"t figured out why some people "store" their bikes in the winter.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 AM
D.F.F.D.

Last Cigar Smoked: Do not smoke
Nub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
My bike seems to run better those monthes. I still haven"t figured out why some people "store" their bikes in the winter.
Those are the people that are suing. If they would ride in the winter, they might not have the time for such nonsense.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:29 AM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
You knew her too?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
Y'all can come up here and ride in January if you'd like...

Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Geez...all those whining bastards who think an air cooled engine is too hot should stick to riding a Goldwing.

wtf has happened to this country??
I think at one point I might have even written a little screed about the pussification of America...

Quote:
Quote:
You knew her too?
You 2 make me wanna go wash.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 PM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
You 2 make me wanna go wash.

well we didn't say it was at the same time?...

was it?

no, pretty sure.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
Harley keeps selling air cooled engines because that's what people are buying. Check V-Rod sales vs. air cooled bikes.
I don't buy your logic here. V-Rods are completely different from the rest of the lineup. Show me a liquid cooled touring bike, and then you'd have a fair comparison. A better argument would be Harley keeps selling air cooled engines because that's the only option available for certain classes of bikes.

Quote:
just seems like some people trying to make a quick buck. Motorcycle engines and pipes are hot... guess what so is McDonald's coffee.
I'm guessing you don't know a lot about that case. That coffee was way too hot. Spilling coffee on yourself shouldn't cause third degree burns like that. Third degree burns can require amputation. That lady spent months in the hospital recovering from that incident.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1 View Post
I don't buy your logic here. V-Rods are completely different from the rest of the lineup. Show me a liquid cooled touring bike, and then you'd have a fair comparison. A better argument would be Harley keeps selling air cooled engines because that's the only option available for certain classes of bikes.
This is a fair point. Had a liquid-cooled Harley tourer been available, I would have bought one.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
This is a fair point. Had a liquid-cooled Harley tourer been available, I would have bought one.
My next bike won't be water cooled.

Kimber

Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
My next bike won't be water cooled.
My next bike won't be (GS1200), but my next tourer will (K1600GTL).

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Tags
dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass, dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass, harley davidson lawsuit engine