Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Spyderman

fred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygiene
flashplayerupdate.exe virus and BSOD

Windows 10 and Google Chrome. Tried to watch TV show and had flashplayerupdate required. 1st time I've seen it. Did my research on BleepingComputer.com and also some other site I found on google search and they both had the same solution
1. CCleaner
2. junkware removal tool
3. Malwarebytes
4. Hitmanpro
5. AdwCleaner

Did all this but still had flash player update required virus.
Repeated this several times. Finally ran AdwCleaner 1 more time, didn't find anything, but it told me to restart.
Now all I get is the starting welcome screen but it doesn't go anywhere from there. Click on my name and I get
the BSOD with these 2 comments:
1. The local session manager failed sign in
2. RPC server is unavailable

I looked up all the ways to boot into safe mode but none of it works. I can't get to any menu option that
would lead me to safe mode. I don't have a recovery disc. Can't find my Windows 7 installation disc.
“We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: the only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield.”
—George Orwell, 1946

"The race may not always be to the swift nor the victory to the strong, but that's how you bet." - or - that's how the smart money bets...attributed to Damon Runyon

Last edited by fred1369; 02-23-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
You may need to send some bitcoins to Russia.

Curt

Old 02-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Ruh Roe. I am running ten on the notebook and it is blue screening me about every other time I start it up. Sometimes it has taken restarting a couple of times for me. Back-up is mandatory and I have yet to do so. I need to clean up a thumb drive to back-up on.
This PC is still running win 7 Pro, and I've had no issues to speak of. I'll google the issue and get back here

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Augmented

Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
I didn't think you would be on a server at the house, but (1) seams to be directed to not being able to recognize log into a server.
This copied directly from google; (2) RPC server is unavailable- Stopped RPC service: If the RPC service on the server isn't running, the client obviously won't be able to reach it.
Name resolution issues: The RPC server's name may be resolving to the wrong IP address, resulting in the client contacting the wrong server or attempting to contact an IP address not currently in use. Alternatively, the server's name may not be resolving at all.
Traffic blocked by firewall: A firewall or other security application on the server, or a network firewall appliance between the client and server, may be preventing traffic from reaching the server on TCP port 135.
Connectivity issues: The client may be unable to reach the server at all due to a general network problem.
I ain't no software guru but I have managed to keep my junk running, if just barely it's okay now! Lol
Good luck

bOb

Old 02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Spyderman

fred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygiene
all I get is a welcome screen. unable to get to the desktop. I can get into BIOS but don't know how to force in a safe mode.
“We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: the only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield.”
—George Orwell, 1946

"The race may not always be to the swift nor the victory to the strong, but that's how you bet." - or - that's how the smart money bets...attributed to Damon Runyon
Old 02-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Spyderman

I don't have a taskbar because I can't get to the desktop screen. I just get the BSOD with local session manager failed and RPC unailable.
Found my Win 7 installation disc but it can't repair Win 10. I s'pose I could install 7 and attempt a 10 upgrade. I did do a backup on a different harddrive last week.
—George Orwell, 1946

Old 02-23-2016, 07:56 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred1369 View Post
all I get is a welcome screen. unable to get to the desktop. I can get into BIOS but don't know how to force in a safe mode.
Have you tried pressing F8 during startup?

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using some kind of tapping app.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Spyderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
Have you tried pressing F8 during startup?

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using some kind of tapping app.
that was left out of the Windows 10 system. also it is easier to fix a hard drive than a SSD. there is also a conflict betwee BIOS and UEFI. I downloaded a Win10 repair from Microsoft onto a flash USB but that did not work either. I'm taking it in to a shop.
—George Orwell, 1946

Old 02-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
flashplayerupdate.exe virus and BSOD

Those "free" watch tv websites are known for malware hidden in their flash player updates.

You should never download one from anywhere unless you go to the developers website and download it there.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Spyderman

I've been watching couchtuner.ch for several months with no problem. The flash update required flag just started yesterday. I went to that site on my laptop (this) and there was no flash update sign there. It is just on my desktop. It came from some place I visited. This is a new virus that regular protection has not fixed yet.
Anways, I dropped it off today.
—George Orwell, 1946

Old 02-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My few months old win 10 machine won't go to sleep as per the settings, except one time after restart, then just once, then restart all over again.
Can't find win updates schedule, just does on it's own whenever.

I manually put it to sleep after use.

I'm really thrilled how great win ten works.

It also auto fills my address when I order stuff online, had no idea I live there and not here...

Have no idea where it thought up that address.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 02-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Spyderman

Win 10 updates automatically. That is one of its features.
—George Orwell, 1946

Old 02-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Augmented

You should be able to bypass auto updates, but then you'll never know what's important to update unless you initiate it. I have mine set to request the update. I have to initiate.

BOB