Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > MiniGlide's Adventures Working for the Mouse
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MiniGlide's Adventures Working for the Mouse Updates from Molly.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Apparently, my defense of The Walt Disney Company was premature...

The movers should be loading her stuff this afternoon.
This e-mail, along with all of Molly's attempts at communication with the company, went unanswered.

Dear xxxxxxx,

I'm really sorry to be bothering you like this, but I don't know who else to contact.

I'm sure you interview enough potential cast members that you may not remember Molly, but I believe you saw potential in her.. You had initially secured her a full time position in the Norway pavilion as a cashier of sorts in the restaurant. She was to relocate from Indiana. Shortly before she moved, you found out that the position she was hired for was being eliminated, and you spent the morning looking for other full time positions for her, finding three to offer. We were all so impressed with this; the fact that you remembered her and went above and beyond to find her another full-time position. When we told people about this, they said, "Of course, it's Disney!"

Molly chose the Runner position at Old Key West. Unfortunately, right on the heels of her moving down there and attending Traditions and beginning her training, her gall bladder became inflamed and had to be removed. Complicated by her being new to the area with no doctor, by the time they figured out what was wrong, she had to be hospitalized for 5 days and even after the gall bladder was removed, her liver enzymes were out of whack and they had to install a stent in her bile duct. She kept Disney informed the entire time, and they told her to just concentrate on getting well, and to return with her paperwork from the doctor when she could return. Again, when we told people how accommodating and understanding Old Key West personnel were being, they said, "Of course, it's Disney!"

The minute the doctor released her to return (with a 10 lb weight restriction on lifting because of the surgery), she did so and was sent to Disney Medical to be cleared. They cleared her and she returned to Old Key West, where she was informed that she could not perform her duties with a 10 lb weight restriction. Another two weeks passed before the restriction was removed and she was allowed to return to work. To save you doing the math, she was off a total of about a month before she could return without restriction. As I understand it, she completed her training and was performing her duties as a runner admirably. She was repeatedly told what an awesome job she was doing. The only negative feedback she ever received was one night when she thought they were out of extra pillows. Apparently there were still a few left, and whoever was in charge that night was upset that she had missed them. That's it. No performance reviews or even informal mentioning of anything Molly was doing wrong, just repeated praise with the one mentioned exception.
On Saturday, Molly was terminated on day 89 of her 90 day probationary period without cause. When she asked why, she was told it was nothing specific, that she just wasn't a good fit.

This young woman planned on making Disney her career. She would have done whatever she was told she needed to do to keep that job, but was never given the opportunity. These are copies of a few of the texts that Molly sent us during her tenure there:

I realized today that all my favorite Disney songs are about leaving home and doing something amazing and having adventures. Wanting to be more than what you are.
"Out There", from Hunchback. "Go the Distance", from Hercules. "Part of Your World", from Little Mermaid. The Bonjour song and its reprise from Beauty and the Beast.

I have seriously spent my entire life wanting to do something like this, even before I realized it. I hear the fireworks every night at nine. And we can see them from the bridge. It's lovely.

I will forever be a Disney Cast Member. This job makes me too happy to ever leave it. Seeing all the little girls running around in their princess dresses and all the little boys being pirates and just all the kids in general just being so happy all the time. The adults, too, for that matter. It's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. And when I drive by people in my pargo I wave and smile and they wave and smile back. It's nice to make people feel special. Like, we notice them. We want their stay to be magical. So we do our damnedest to make it that way. Agh I love my job. It's hot and sweaty and exhausting and demanding but I love it!

This letter is being written by me alone and Molly is in no way responsible for it, but the entire family is heartbroken for her and frankly, a little disenchanted. We have raised our girls on Disney and have been to Walt Disney World as much as we could afford. Virtually all of our vacations have been to WDW. In fact, we are planning another vacation there this September. Our family has been in an unbelievable state of giddiness planning and anticipating this vacation. Now we're worried that we won't be able to be there without feeling sad and disillusioned. Disney has robbed us of our magic. "Of course, it's Disney!" Now, for the first time in our lives, we don't know what Disney is or what it stands for anymore.

Just to show you what Disney threw away, after Molly was fired, I texted her to see if she was home so we could talk. Her answer? No, it'll be a little bit, I needed to stop by costuming and drop off my costumes. This after they fired her and took her ID. She returned her costumes to costuming. Like she was told.

I guess I'm just curious about what happened here. I have a daughter who spent her savings to move to Orlando for a full time position with Disney who is now broke, unemployed and heartbroken.

Respectfully,

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I am incredibly sad for all of you. I'm praying another and far better door opens for Molly.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
This is sad to hear.
On many levels.

I have no doubt Molly will rebound spectacularly, but I imagine there will be a lot of hurt in the mean time and I hate to hear that.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's just damned sad.

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
My intentions were honorable.
I can't wait to dishonor my intentions.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sorry and sad to hear this.

I tried years ago to become a plumber there, was talked out of it /turned down.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Ditto on the new door opening. They don't know what they just lost.

Curt

Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Heard about this from Da'Wump a couple of weeks ago. I know Molly and the rest of y'all are heartbroken.

What I suspect is that this is SOP for them.....Use people for their probationary period, then let them go before they get benefits.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sorry to hear about this.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Very sad. My oldest daughter, Carolyn, worked for Disney radio. Someday I may get over the royal shafting she got from Disney.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Our Heartfelt Condolences to Molly and the Family....... What an outfit
It will make her stronger in the end!

Dirk
Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
So sorry to hear. In general I think of Disney as an evil empire.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Heard about this from Da'Wump a couple of weeks ago. I know Molly and the rest of y'all are heartbroken.

What I suspect is that this is SOP for them.....Use people for their probationary period, then let them go before they get benefits.
this
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 07-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm upset and I don't know how upset to be.

Frankly, I'm disappointed.

And sorry it worked out this way.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/di...162900694.html

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses

®