Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Specialty
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specialty Choppers, Customs, Rats, etc.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Joe's right, don't mess with the 120R, get yourself a built 124 (or larger). For CF wheels, call Howard at Motorcycle Metal.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Unsprung weight. Well now, an interesting thought. No one seems to take that into consideration when building a hot rod, probably because most folks, (no one here of course!) understands it. For your purposes, forget about it! It's a non-issue. Were you to be building a track racer, then it comes into play. For a road bike, nada. Pick the wheels you like and stick 'em on. For public roadways, a heavier, stouter wheel is going to do you much better. Consider sticking with the 16" wheels too. I've got 18's on mine and it has seriously limited my choice of tires (tyres to you) Just my 2 cents!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Unsprung weight. Well now, an interesting thought. No one seems to take that into consideration when building a hot rod, probably because most folks, (no one here of course!) understands it. For your purposes, forget about it! It's a non-issue. Were you to be building a track racer, then it comes into play. For a road bike, nada. Pick the wheels you like and stick 'em on. For public roadways, a heavier, stouter wheel is going to do you much better. Consider sticking with the 16" wheels too. I've got 18's on mine and it has seriously limited my choice of tires (tyres to you) Just my 2 cents!
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.

Losing unsprung weight - especially rotating weight - is huge. Not only do you increase your gas mileage, but the bike will do everything better.....stop, go, turn....all better. The suspension doesn't work as hard either.

CF wheels are outrageously expensive, but they're as tough as a good forged or cast wheel, and they're 1/4 the weight. That's going to pay enormous dividends dynamically.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
These are from Revolution Manufacturing, $1300 a go for 16"..... Thats the same or slightly less than we pay for a P.M. mag around here!! 4lbs and most of that centalized at the hub. That in combo with the Lyndall Lug Drive rotors would make for a tidy weight savings.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rev_c5_1.jpg (54.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
At this point in my life, I must admit that the excessive and intrusive weight on my bike is me.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Site Sponsor
Doof Member

JDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Nice wheels. They look like the ones from Howard, only a few thousand cheaper!

The 120 R is a great foundation to work with. You cant beat the price. When you get bored with it, it can be upgraded for more power.
I have tuned quite a few of them and have not heard of many failures.
The only thing to be worried about is the SE lifters.
The S&S is a great motor too but like the SE 120R it is just the beginning.

If you want a bad ass bike,buy my 145" road king. 200 hp and 176 tq.

Good luck with your project!!
I like power!!!!

Route 412, Bethlehem. 412 = (4, 1+2=3) = 43
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Bone Picker

eighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDsCycleWorks View Post
Nice wheels. They look like the ones from Howard, only a few thousand cheaper!

The 120 R is a great foundation to work with. You cant beat the price. When you get bored with it, it can be upgraded for more power.
I have tuned quite a few of them and have not heard of many failures.
The only thing to be worried about is the SE lifters.
The S&S is a great motor too but like the SE 120R it is just the beginning.

If you want a bad ass bike,buy my 145" road king. 200 hp and 176 tq.

Good luck with your project!!
I like power!!!!
Thank-you JD. I agree on the 120R...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.