Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Sound Bytes and Video
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Sound Bytes and Video Got a great sound clip or video? Post it here.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Broken Video Files, Some help Needed

I've been using a couple of video cams on the bike and they have become extremely sketchy in their operation, power interrupts and battery issues resulted in corrupted data (video) files. A LOT of them.

The cams write in MPeG4 (Quicktime) and whenever there is a power loss during the filming, the file is damaged.
The data is actually there, taking up gigs of room, but since the file(s) weren't closed properly, Error 0-2048 occurs when you try to open the file.
This error likely means that the EoF and other tags are missing.

Googling for fixes has found numerous *very shady* looking web pages offering downloads of sure-fire, you-betcha third world toolbar and malware installer packages that are certain to destroy your computing world.
The only thing I found that looks legit is very expensive and still sketchy.

Do any of you know of a 'real' fix for this? A Converter, maybe, to make them .movs or similar? I would pay some reasonable price for an actual fixit tool.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 09-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: A couple of Mega's...
HiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suck
You might try this. I've used VLC media player, and had no virus problems...

Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

I don't know but send them to me with lots of money and I'll see what I can do.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 09-28-2015, 08:07 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Old 09-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
:crickets:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Your the tech type here Rick. I wish I had something to offer. Still operating with my 8 year old Pentax W-30

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 10-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dunno what you're using to record your video with.

On my GoPro, I can playback the video on the camera.

Did you try this on your camera/s?

For video conversion, I use nero. But I've only used nero for converting GoPro format to DVD. Not sure if you can use it to fix .mpg4 video.

Last edited by orbit; 10-02-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:45 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

That's an idea. I haven't tried that but it has an HDMI port I could try it.
The cameras are Sena Prisms. The difficulty is with power cable and battery issues. The cams will lose power and the video file is screwed when that happens. I end up with half a dozen files that were closed improperly.
Does GoPro have a version that has a video screen built in?
Do you cable it to the PC to playback?

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTekRedneck View Post
You might try this. I've used VLC media player, and had no virus problems...

This is probability of no value, but I've had VLC installed on my computer for several years .... have only used it for audio related stuff ...

One thing I can say is that I've never had anyi malware or virius from VLC

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
That's an idea. I haven't tried that but it has an HDMI port I could try it.
The cameras are Sena Prisms. The difficulty is with power cable and battery issues. The cams will lose power and the video file is screwed when that happens. I end up with half a dozen files that were closed improperly.
Does GoPro have a version that has a video screen built in?
Do you cable it to the PC to playback?

I have one of the first GoPro Hero HD cameras. I bought the LCD Bak Pak for it so, yes, I can review video through that.

And yes, I can cable the GoPro to my PC via USB cable for playback on my computer.

My camera is also HDMI equipped for playback on the big TV in the living room.

If you want, send me a corrupted video file and let me try the nero stuff to see if I can fix it.

Or better yet, upload a bad file to your pbase site and send me the link so I can download it.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Try loading the files into a video editor program like Sony Vegas or. Pinnacle. You may be able to snip the last few seconds off which will place an EOF marker making the file useable again

It's a pirates life for me

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 10-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
maybe try this

http://windows-live-movie-maker.en.softonic.com/

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 10-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I will try that. I've been trying to upload one to pbase but it's balking at the size. I will have to search the other drive for a smaller version.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

If anyone wants to take a shot at fixing it..
This should provide a usable link to Drop box for a small version of one of the broken files
Broken Video

OK, let's try this.. It should open a "save file" dialog, now.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-07-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:32 AM
Bon vivant!

I tried everything I have here at that broken file to no avail.

Found this on the internet, may be worth a trial run.

Remo Repair MOV.

Apparently it works by copying good codecs from a good file, shot from your camera, over the bad codecs on your bad file.

Makes sense to me. Give it a shot........