Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Jackpot 2-1-2 header...what a piece of crap!

Took the afternoon off so I could install this. Stripped old exhaust system off the bike, then took the stock heatshields off and installed them on the Jackpot. This should have given me a clue, the heatshields fit like crap on the Jackpot, huge gaps that couldn't be adjusted out. Then I tried to install on the bike. Yeah, right. This damn thing must have been welded on a Friday by the blind, one-armed welder. There was NO WAY the pipes even came kinda close to matching up with the exhaust ports. So, strip it all down and put the stock exhaust system back on. What junk!!!

Fuel Moto is gonna get these things back, along with a note telling them to refund me, I don't wanna even try another set...I'll use Vance & Hines next time.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
that really SUCS !!!!!!!!!!

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 04-22-2014, 06:27 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hmm mine went on with a relatively small amount of cursing, the shields don't fit perfectly but that's because of the missing cat
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Try the Supertrapp 2-1...

Tell us how that goes.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 04-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Can't say I experienced your issue Harley. Only issue I had was the placement of the stock heat shield clamp welded where it fits over the collector. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied.

Kimber

Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Sorry to hear..... Fullsac DX header here, fit perfect and the heat shield gaps are spot on! Worth a look...

Dirk
Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
After I calmed down, I went back out in the garage and checked things and discovered the front and rear pipes are out of alignment by damn near one inch! Really great quality...

Some local guys I know say that the S&S Power Tune headpipes are the way to go. They look like true duals, but they have some type of internal crossover. The guys that run them love 'em! I'll take a look.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
No issues here at all. The heat shields won't fit exactly like stock due to the different shaped pipe, but otherwise it's a 10 minute install (once the mufflers are off).

No offense Harley, but cool down and try it again. It really couldn't be any easier. If there is a legitimate problem, the pipe has a lifetime warranty (unlike V&H or Fullsac) and Fuel Moto's customer service is second to none.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Smuckin' Fartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
No issues here at all. The heat shields won't fit exactly like stock due to the different shaped pipe, but otherwise it's a 10 minute install (once the mufflers are off).
Russ, the major problem isn't the heat shields, it would be an easy install if the front and rear pipes weren't welded crooked at the collector. I'll find out how good Fuel Moto's warranty and return policy is...

Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It's a snug fit, and it can be a PITA the first time you do it. Do you have a coolant line in the way?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 AM
Smuckin' Fartass

Nope. The header pipes are welded crooked at the collector.

Sent from my atomic powered HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Phone Jamie...

My supplied heat shields are better than out of the box now.

Hurry, riding time is upon us!

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Oops, I should mention, I have their 2-1.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Breaker of Stuff

From another forum....

If anyone has absolutely any issues with any of our exhaust systems I recommend contacting us and we can walk you thru the install. Also be sure to completely read the instructions, here is a copy for reference: http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/docum.../FM-03-FLH.pdf

The Jackpot head pipes are designed for exact fitment, when installing start with the front primary and when the pipe is positioned and oriented correctly the rear primary will somewhat snap into place. If everything does not line up perfectly at this point stop right there and make sure the clip for the collar is sitting centered in the flange and also check the exhaust gaskets. For gaskets use either the Fuel Moto flat gaskets part # FM-260 or the factory tapered style gaskets. Note: using the incorrect gaskets can/will affect the fitment of the exhaust pipe. Tighten the flange nuts to approx 99 in-lbs, if they are uneven back them off and retighen them in an equal sequence. When installing the crossover as noted in the install instruction it needs to be installed at a 45 degree angle due to the compound bend in this pipe, point the outlet toward the ground slide it on the headpipe and rotate it up into place. If you try to push the crossover on at a right angle it will damage the gasket, the gasket can be picked up from any HD dealer. Again, if any questions come up along the way during installation we are here to help, all channels are open.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

And, 24 hours later, no reply to my email from Fuel Moto...

Sent from my atomic powered HTC One using Tapatalk 2