Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 AM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick T. View Post
Why have that kind bike if your under 65 years old.....That is the question.

No wonder your called doofs
This from a man that even his friends call Dick.....right to his face!

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 AM
chickenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Wonder if your Black Betty is any relation to my Black Beauty. Obviously Betty is more mature. Beauty is just a young thing.
Rock older yes.....more mature......I doubt. But I think you are right on one thing. Black is faster.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Does this thread cover Street Glides...or do we need our own sticky?

Street Glides are the shiznet.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
Does this thread cover Street Glides...or do we need our own sticky?

Street Glides are the shiznet.
I am going to say throw them in, they got a fairing, but not an EG. I think they are sharp bikes, but just not functional enough for me. I would miss my light bar. Also why make a touring bike without a touring seat?

IMO better off getting FHTC and taking off what you don't want and add waht you do. Then you got something custom.

But like I said I do like the look of them.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
My new ride, pretty much stock, except for rack and rails, had them installed before I picked it up.
Got fat cat, SE AC, SERT, and HD cooler on order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ultra 2 resize.jpg (141.1 KB, 120 views)
Old 07-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I am going to say throw them in, they got a fairing, but not an EG. I think they are sharp bikes, but just not functional enough for me. I would miss my light bar. Also why make a touring bike without a touring seat?

IMO better off getting FHTC and taking off what you don't want and add waht you do. Then you got something custom.

But like I said I do like the look of them.
I like the look, too. But I made the mistake yesterday of putting the wife on an Ultra at the dealer...just to see how we fit with a tour pac on. To quote a certain gentleman from San Diego....DAMMIT! We both loved the feel of that bike.

No matter. I like the a$$ end view of the SG and it would cost $$$ to replicate that on an Ultra. Plus I like the stripped look of the front end, too. And the body color bag latches. So far, I'm ok with my choice. I can add a Tour Pac and make it detachable. I can also put on longer Progressive air shocks for about $285 or so to give it smoother suspension. It already has a better seat....a pillow look from an Electra Something or other. I know, I know, its not the right seat, but I like the feel and it came with the bike.

Bottom line, if you like the look of a SG but want the features of an Ultra, no matter what you do it's gonna cost you extra money. It's not simply a matter of stripping the Ultra, particularly if you don't want two tone paint or pin stripes.

Then again, the '08 Ultras are just around the corner...DAMMIT!!!!

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Excommunicated

I do like the solid paint on FLHX. FLHX are supposed to be hot sellers right now. Dealer might give you a good deal on it.

I got detach tour pak on my FLHR, but I do like the feel of the rigid mount. Though I haven't tried taking the seat off yet.

Like I said I like the look with no light bar, but would really miss mine. Got 50watters and it really shines. Plus its more chrome.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfengler View Post
Here's mine...

hey that seat looks confterble is it stock or after market

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
My new ride, pretty much stock, except for rack and rails, had them installed before I picked it up.
Got fat cat, SE AC, SERT, and HD cooler on order.

You going to make it a hotrod bagger Berserker? I have a little fear in that we travel great distances with these. Perhaps we need a 2nd bike to hotrod. My bike is built pretty similar to what you have on order there.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
hey that seat looks confterble is it stock or after market
...the seat is OEM, comfortable enough for an all day ride, a couple times in a row.

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Last edited by Kfengler; 02-10-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

xcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girl
Here's my '07

Last edited by xcelr8; 11-29-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Lefse King

Chameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Here is my 90 FLHTC, the pic is from 05 when I was putting it back together after missing a corner between Eureka Springs and Rogers, AR.

It is all together now and I turned over 100,000 miles on her this year. Not all mine though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90a.jpg (75.4 KB, 117 views)

Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Attachment 6481

Attachment 6482

Attachment 6483

this is it sorry i cant find the better pics of the tranformation

Russ

doofs at the beach

Last edited by Type O; 07-16-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick T. View Post
Why have that kind bike if your under 65 years old.....That is the question.

No wonder your called doofs
I like kind bikes.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Good Clean Doof

Seminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suck
I have a 2001 Ultra..

It's Black..

It's the one in my sig..

I had a Road King for a long time, but I really like this one better..

SB