Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Classics
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Classics The Basement at its best! You may continue to post to existing threads, but please refrain from adding any new threads. Thank you !!!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
GrayRider

I Played Chicken With The Good Humor Man!

A reposting from yesteryear

It was nearing dusk. I had just finished the front yard and was maneuvering the big rider down the driveway, around the landscaping and into the street to get to the side yard. That's when I saw him! The Good Humor Man! Two hundred yards down the street and heading in my direction, prowling the streets of my neighborhood, tempting the children with his sugary, frozen confections.

Quickly estimating his speed, approximately in excess of 12 mph and mine at a brisk 5 mph, I immediately realized that we were on a collision course. My life flashed before my eyes. You could feel the tension begin to charge the atmosphere, as I became acutely aware of the neighbors, jaws dropped, peering out windows and through the smoke of their bbq grills from their backyards, at the drama unfolding before their eyes in the street. But I stayed my course, refusing to swerve or back down I could now see him clearly. The big white truck moving formidably towards me. He was closer now. So close that I could hear the sinister theme from, "The Sting," playing through his outboard speakers. I dropped the blade and shifted into 5th gear, in a blasting attempt to answer the threatening music. The big 12.5 HP, 38" cut mower leaped to a brisk 7 mph.

Closer now, I tried to make out his appearance through the big windshield, hoping to get a glimpse of the fading sun reflecting off a patent leather bow tie. Suddenly, the chicken race scene from the movie, "Rebel Without A Cause," flashed across my mind. Would the leather cuff strap of my motorcycle jacket hang on the window crank, keeping me from self ejecting to safety? Looking down at my arm, I was relieved to see that I was wearing a tank top and the mower had no window crank. A serene sensation flooded my being.

Then with only as little as 2-3 minutes before impact, I cut hard to the left into the side yard, grass flying from the side deflector. On the second pass the great white truck waddled past my house. I had averted catastrophe. Would the beautiful Appalachian Princess, awaiting my return inside the house, ever know the pitfalls her gray haired hero faced during the course of seemingly harmless yard work? I could only wonder if she had any change for an ice cream.

We'll meet again someday, Mr. Good Humor Man! On a lonely stretch of boulevard some dusky evening. For now, sleep well and remember the challenge of your day. Then maybe on that, someday, we'll see if you really are a man of good humor! Hah!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:27 AM
R.I.P.
just sayin'

racindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
man Gray......... thats cutting it real close..........

2-3 minutes before impact.........

your a brave man...........

Help save a life, become a donor marrow.org

Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
glad ya made it unscathed gray.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
If Gray will get busy and look for it (I'm far too lazy) he has a digital image that he posted on VTF fortelling his future brush w/ sweet, creamy near-death.
A pic of him and his rough young friends "back in the day" with an ice cream truck in the frame...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
How's the lawn look?

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Gray
That was writen with a Tourist Flavor

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk custom View Post
Gray
That was writen with a Tourist Flavor
Sad thing is, he wrote it back when the tourist had only been inactive for 28 or 29 years, before Gray had even come under his spell.
Spooky, huh?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
...spooky!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
space/time bending spooky

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Just plain Doof

that got me thinkin
I know way scary

I noticed Gray and the Tourist were never on line at the same time
makes ya wonder don't it

and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
HHHMMMmmmmmmmmmm!!!?????!!!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Just plain Doof

seeeeeeeeeee
it ain't just me

and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 PM
MOOSE

Well a REAL landscape technician would have....
Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Does Gray sharpen his own mower blades?? Mmmmmmmm.

Last edited by vafatboy; 03-05-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk custom View Post
that got me thinkin
I know way scary

I noticed Gray and the Tourist were never on line at the same time
makes ya wonder don't it
You might be on to something...............

just sayin'

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........