Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
mynameisden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
If you need an alternate Hwy 43 route, please let us know.

Note the following in your request:

State:

Distance to nearest Hwy 43:

Suggested alternate:

We will review your request and either mock you mercilessly or consider your suggestion for addition into our alternate Hwy 43 routes list.
hey 8, this is the one in maine. dont know what it has for signage but I'll find out.
Directions From the North:
Take Interstate 95 to Exit 197. Turn left onto Route 43 and continue for about 3 1/2 miles into Old Town. We are on the left hand side of the road directly across from the Old Town Canoe Outlet.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Good Clean Doof

Seminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suck
Alternate for Florida

I found this as a possible alternate for Florida...

It is in Lake county..

I submitted it in my declaration to prospect...

Hope you approve...

SB

Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminolebagger View Post

It is in Lake county..

Hope you approve...

SB
Too much dithering, I declare it a fair alternate.
Is this the same committee that designed the Duck-billed Platypus?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Good Clean Doof

Seminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suckSeminolebagger can happily embrace the suck
Thank you Mr. President......

You are truly an honorable man.......

SB

Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
8-Ball

so where the hell is that on a map... google map that is...?

nice find by the way... should keep the zints at bay...
Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

genoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sock
At bay???
We agree.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Good Clean Doof

Quote:
so where the hell is that on a map... google map that is...?

nice find by the way... should keep the zints at bay...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.270538&z=13

Old 04-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
this is on the map, was this what a guy was looking for, but was not signed? It shows it being a State road, not just a county road.

>LINK<

Old 04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Good Clean Doof

Yup.......

SB

Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetoys View Post
this is on the map, was this what a guy was looking for, but was not signed? It shows it being a State road, not just a county road.

>LINK<
Yup... would love to find a sign on that road... Even if we had one made up and some dead of night doof installed it... BigTed has the technology...

Was talking to someone about a company that will make a real DOT sign for anything...
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
GrayRider

Quote:
Yup... would love to find a sign on that road... Even if we had one made up and some dead of night doof installed it... BigTed has the technology...

Was talking to someone about a company that will make a real DOT sign for anything...
I think Tim and RedBeard traveled that one from end to end and couldn't find one.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:47 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Back to the point of the thread, Florida is in need of an alternate. US 301, although designated FL SR-43 is apparently not signed as such.

Closest one to me is the Escambia County 43 Swede found in Alabama. Another is US 43 in Mobile. But for South Fl, there does not seem to be anything within many hundred miles.

Edit: Just stumbled across a CR-43 in Bay County; near Panama City, just east of Tyndall AFB. Still pretty far from the guys in the peninsula.

Edit 2: It's an unsigned, and now apparently closed dirt logging road--no joy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminolebagger View Post

It is in Lake county..

Hope you approve...

SB

Just to be clear, US 301 and Lake County 437 are both approved alternates for Florida.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.