Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Spyderman

fred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygienefred1369 seems to have excellent oral hygiene
is any brand made that would be this good right out of the box? If you were into professional target shooting is all this what needs to be done?
“We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: the only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield.”
—George Orwell, 1946

"The race may not always be to the swift nor the victory to the strong, but that's how you bet." - or - that's how the smart money bets...attributed to Damon Runyon
Old 08-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred1369 View Post
is any brand made that would be this good right out of the box? If you were into professional target shooting is all this what needs to be done?

I don’t know enough about production model 1911’s. I suspect there isn’t one that would shoot 1.5” groups at 50 yards.

The work done to my 1911 was a complete rehab with emphasis on accuracy and reliability. I asked him if he liked how it turned out. He said yes, if it wasnt I’d melt it down and start over.

Pick it up Friday morning. Plan a trip to the range that evening. I’ll post a range report

Last edited by vafatboy; 08-15-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:27 AM

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CFDABAAB-E442-427D-970F-9101300B73DB.jpg (41.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 08-17-2018, 06:02 PM

It was shooting left about 2.5 and high 1 inch when shot from a bench. Shot 4 or 5 mags adjusting sights.

First pic is 20’ from a rest and second pic is 20’ with two hands standing. The low one in the first pic is all me anticipating recoil. It might need a click right still.

It’s a shooter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8D01FA09-047B-4DDA-9D42-7F899518A034.jpg (61.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg AF60F5EF-54FE-4B03-B126-BAC44C488DA9.jpg (60.5 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by vafatboy; 08-17-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:56 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Nice.

Kimber

Old 08-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Dead Eye!

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 09-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Very nice Warren. You can trust it now and that means everything!

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Very nice Warren. You can trust it now and that means everything!
Have about 650 rounds through it with only one FTF. That round came out of the box short by quite a bit and jambed on the hood of the barrel.

It shot better for me after changing ammo to Winchester. Last time I went i shot the 20’ line out to 50’, a mag at every 10’. Everything was inside 4” with most inside 3”. It’s really really fun to shoot now.

I made a killer deal for a press and will be loading some rounds that will improve on that.

I’ll be using
Zero 185g JHP
4.2-4.7g of VV N310
OAL of 1.210
Crimp .469-.471
Old 11-30-2018, 08:11 PM

I have several thousands rounds through it now. When I picked it up from the smith he said the ejected casings should be to my 4 o’clock and just a few feet away. He said he didn’t change the recoil spring as it ejected fine with his target loads

Shooting factory 230g FMJ the casings would be struck by the slide and eject forward to about 2 o’clock and swing to about 3 o’clock as I went through a magazine. I put a new Wilson Combat 16# recoil spring in at the same time I started shooting 185g JHP Target reloads I made. The ejection pattern was perfect with the new spring. I tested 100 reloads on my once fired Winchester brass.

Sooo, I ordered 1000 pieces of “once fired” range brass. Loaded 500 rounds. I didn’t have a cartridge gauge yet and just used my barrel to plunk test several out of the first ten or fifteen. They chambered fine so I loaded up that first 500.

At least 30% of those first 500 gave me fits with jambs etc. it was then I found out about brass fired from guns where the round is only partially supported, Glocks in particular. This causes a bulge closer to the rim or base of the cartridge.

There is a fix, Lee Precision makes a Factory Crimp Die that has a carbide sizing ring that sizes the length of the brass as its fed to the crimp ring. I do have a progressive press, but, I prefer to de-cap and run the brass though a ultrasonic cleaner before loading. The primer feed on this press is less than stellar, so use a hand prime off press. Then dump powder seat bullet and crimp in progressive mode

I’ve loaded two different rounds

185g JHP
5.2g W231 powder

200g PRN
5.4g W231 powder

I’m leaning towards the 200g for my target load.

This gun is really accurate and I’m glad I had the work done.