Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > General Maintenance & Service
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Maintenance & Service Doing it yourself or having it done...

Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
You have the bearing tool? I may need to visit soon when I have my tars removed for powdercoating my wheels. I plan to do new bearings since I don't know how they'll handle the heat of the oven......
Yes I do and no they won't.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Off topic, sorta....

Geezer, how's the powdercoat holding up on your wheels?

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You can have Cody hydro form them

Sent from my sheep's butt
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
1inch x 52x21 double row sealed ball. They are a real weird size that is specific to HD. Guess I will get bent over paying 30 each at the moco. I was looking for the hybrid ceramics but can only get the 25 mm instead of 1 inch. That's .5 mm to big on the ID.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Double-D, MLA III, CLS

BluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Roberts rules of bearings.

Never push or pull on the non fitted race. Ever.
If you drop it, start over.
Don't mess w the lube in a sealed bearing

Over reaction? Maybe, but I've had minor violations result in immediate rebuilds of really important machines.

-+-*&$&#*#-
Sent from my self repaired, salvaged Droid X. Cause I got skills. Minor ones,but still...

Oil, heat, vibration and noise.

At work, oil analysis, thermography, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics.

At play, Harley.

Same same, right?

Only 43 more states to go!

Remember, never make a straight on a left hand bridge.

It WILL leave a mark.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That center spacer establishes end play as well. I get the feeling most just run whatever, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
The center spacer stops you from crushing the wheel hubs and side loading the bearing when you torque the axle. If you use a bearing less than 21 mm you need to increase the outer spacers accordingly. It's easier just to use the oem in this case. They got decent service life, just marked up 300%.

Last edited by PeaceKeeper; 10-26-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Site Sponsor
Doof Member

JDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Look up world bearings and give them a call. They are in NJ.

Route 412, Bethlehem. 412 = (4, 1+2=3) = 43
Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

On my list for monday! Thanks.