Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Sturgis
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Woody218

I love riding the Black Hills, and will do so again this summer, but I will never again attend the rally. Too many people riding who have no business being on a bike, too commercialized, the old spirit of Sturgis is dead and gone.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDawgStew View Post
I'll be with a group of 6 - 10 people heading up the week before as well. Planning to home base in Deadwood, SD from 27 ~ 30 July, heading out of town the morning of 31 July.

Anybody else going to be up that way?
I like Deadwood, and where I would stay again. Like I've said, I've always had a good time at the Rally. I like to see all the bikes and such. Never had a problem.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Too crowded for this ole country boy.
Been there, done that.
Me too...I quit going to Daytona back in '85 when it was still under 100,000 bikes...it ain't about ridin' (though some do) it's about profilin' and gettin' sh!t faced...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
There sure alot of bikes on the roads, and the surrounding spots, if no ones riding. What makes Sturgis succesful, is there is so much to ride to.

While I may not be the norm, I drink less there, cause I need to maintain.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 AM
gAZINTAs

Mnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suckMnhorsemom can happily embrace the suck
We'll be there 4 weeks from today. Have a house rented in Rochford from the 29th to the 5th. It's kinda off the beaten path but we like that better anyway.

Sometimes.... when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes... when you are in pain... no one sees your hurt.
Sometimes... when you are worried... no one sees your stress.
Sometimes... when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But FART just ONE flippin` time.....And everybody knows!!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Pirate Hunter

AGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDawgStew View Post
I'll be with a group of 6 - 10 people heading up the week before as well. Planning to home base in Deadwood, SD from 27 ~ 30 July, heading out of town the morning of 31 July.

Anybody else going to be up that way?
Yep.....with you.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
There sure alot of bikes on the roads, and the surrounding spots, if no ones riding. What makes Sturgis succesful, is there is so much to ride to.

While I may not be the norm, I drink less there, cause I need to maintain.
you arent the norm.... and have you ever maintained???

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 07-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Excommunicated

Going to Sturgis, non rally, is like going to a bar, when they open at 6am, I'd rather go after the sun goes down. But I am not against a bloody mary for breakfast.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:41 PM
kenhorse

i am staying in custer going to get their on sunday. 70 miles 1 way. good riding, good sleeping 28 $ a night.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Excommunicated

Custer can kinda suck on Sunday. Beer only after midnight. There is one beer bar. Got in there 10pm, and ended up eating at the gas station. Deadwood has some kinda liscense to get past this.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
kenhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Custer can kinda suck on Sunday. Beer only after midnight. There is one beer bar. Got in there 10pm, and ended up eating at the gas station. Deadwood has some kinda liscense to get past this.
i had heard custer was nice
Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Excommunicated

I am sure it is. We got in at 10pm, on Sunday, and the town was shut down. Stayed at Deadwood, and it was rocking. Was actually cheaper. We got screwed on the Super 8 in Custer. Lot more cheaper places.