Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > FXR Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

FXR Discussion Like anybody cares

Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Well, I've learned plenty.......

Oh, we're not done by a long shot.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
So I found what I believe is a Dyna frame. I definitely notice the lack of triangulation.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Looks a little twisted.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
Looks a little twisted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRkY4YjDwiM&sns=em

®
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
2000 FXR4 for sale in Milwaukee.......

<clicky>

Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Oh, that brings up another point. 90s FXRs moved the oil filter to the front of the engine but most prior to that mounted it down under the transmission where you could get it off without spilling oil on the bike and you could replace it with a cheaper non-chrome model.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
The black filter looks fine in front of my black engine. And that front filter position sure is convenient.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Confirmed Luddite

The Asian manufacturers liked the frame so much they copied it. Ironically the styling criticism of the FXR was that it looked too Japanese.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg framed1.JPG (259.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg framed2.JPG (211.1 KB, 45 views)

Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
A peek into the mind of an FXR guy....

I've Ridden FXR4Mikey's bike, it's a fun ride.

That was a fun day too !

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 05-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
With a stock evo motor, I kept up with Russ and Vader on Pine Mountain, which should tell you something about the frame and in my case (sport model) brakes.

The frame is basically the same geometry as the baggers but a little lighter and with a different neck. While Erik Buell didn't design the frame from scratch, he did a lot of the chassis development on a race track. Basically, he would take it out on the track and ride it until he turned the frame into a pretzel. He then kept beefing it up until he couldn't get it to twist anymore and that's what you see on the production models.

When the Dyna came out still using the evo motor and drivetrain, the primaries were breaking because of the additional flex of the Dyna frame. The Twincam is stiffer and holds up better there.

The model to look for is either the Sport or Convertible. Both sit about an inch higher than stock for better cornering clearance, have a little more rake for stability and dual front disks for better stopping. The Convertible has a squishier seat, other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Cult following? Whatever gave you that idea?
My bike was lowered, by design from the MOCO ..... there have been MANY TIMES over the years that I'd love to have another 2 inches of height on this bike .....

The bike has so much more to offer in handling ... but sitting so low it restricts a persons desires to ride just a bit harder .... maybe a blessing in disguise

however, as is, it tracks GREAT, VERY RESPONSIVE to input, corners awesome, holds the line .... blah blah blah ....

I'm no cult member ..... :-)

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
I'm no cult member ..... :-)
It's ok to be honest around here.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
... I'm no cult member ..... :-)
Sorry. You didn't get the word? Your application was approved.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba