Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > BMW
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

BMW Bikes that are engineered to be ridden... just sayin'...

Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My get-r-done steed

Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
All you need is a rocking chair on top of the pile.

Looks like Wyoming down to the juniper and rabbit brush.

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 AM
The Cisco Kid

TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Lol... Yeah... lots of gear. Self contained trip 10 days on the Trans America Trail. No motels. Made for difficult riding in the rough stuff like Engineer Pass for example. Already tough on a heavy pig of a dual sport bike. But the F650 has plenty of power and suspension to take the beating.

That was western-central Colorado somewhere.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
Looks like fun

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 01-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A trip to dream about. Do you have other pictures you might share?

My son and daughter-out-law bought us an amazingly nice soft leather bike pack for Christmas. We're gonna look so elegant without all our stuff shoved into duffles and stuff sacks that we won't know what to do.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:06 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice bike Phil. Been thinking about a dual sport for a few years now, but I've had other things take priority.

BTW, you need a new roof.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Geiger counter in the yellow case?, out prospectin' for uranium?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 01-06-2013, 02:43 AM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Nice bike Phil. Been thinking about a dual sport for a few years now, but I've had other things take priority.

BTW, you need a new roof.
haha... yeah. The place has gone down hill.

But not as bad as this place:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
A trip to dream about. Do you have other pictures you might share?

My son and daughter-out-law bought us an amazingly nice soft leather bike pack for Christmas. We're gonna look so elegant without all our stuff shoved into duffles and stuff sacks that we won't know what to do.
I do have some. Less than you would think. We rode pretty hard to cover as much ground as we could.

Working on getting what usable video I can from the camera. The CMOS must have been damaged during a fall or due to vibrations. So I lost of ton of cool video.

SAND - this sand was silly deep though the video does not really show it that well

Slick spot

Packing is something I just never get perfect. The Giant Loop system was good but too hard to use daily... getting stuff in and out of. I prefer panniers. Pelican cases to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Geiger counter in the yellow case?, out prospectin' for uranium?
No no... I took the quick detach plate/hardware off of an old BMW "egg" top box and pop riveted it to my Pelican case. Tougher storage... water tight... and still I can unlock it and take it off. Well I could... A really hard fall on Engineer pass shattered the lock and broke the mounting plate. But the Pelican case and its contents were undamaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader- View Post
Looks like fun
It was!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Mind the thorns

Neat! Every time we go on a long ride we end up in sand, road destruction, or both. It's not nearly as fun as this looks.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 AM
The Cisco Kid

Not a very soothing experience... that is for sure. That road seemed about 10 miles long.