Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Carburetor
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
currently I run all STOCK .....
doesn't seem to matter how hard or fast I ride ... she get about 50mpg ALL THE TIME

gonna do a build next month

one of the items going on the build is a Mikuni 42

by the time I get to ES I'll have had plenty of miles on her and know what kind of MPG she's getting .....

I am expecting that it's still going to be in the 40's, hopefully mid to upper part of that

if not ..... I might be going back to all STOCK

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I sometimes miss the days of all stock, I think I got around 45 mpg, I donated my stock carb to dynageno last year, and if I take the one off my dyna it needs to be rejetted for the Road King so that doesn't do me any good, I am hoping that the 20 pilot will work for me to gain a couple-Looks like I will be riding the Low Rider till I can find that o ring
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-21-2008, 12:57 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
pulled the plug and ordered a bob woods carb, It will be sent out wed or thurs, loads of cash, but I think I will be happier! Anyone wanna buy a mikuni?
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Dooficial Inquisitor

BigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suck
When we tuned the now old Glide back in 96 for the German autobahns we sat at about 120 130 mph all day and got 18 to 20 to the UK gallon (20 US to 17 UK) at best but the fuel in Poland was 108 octane and we could really fly but the roads were crap and were returning 25 28 to gallon UK.

Order of the Sacred (purple) Boa and Elite (yellow) Banana Guard

Old 05-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I get 45mpg riding 2 up at 70mph.
I get 40mpg riding 2 up at 85mph.

SE A/C, SPO's, and SERT.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I get:

37 1 up round town
42 1 up loaded on the open road running about 75-80 in all kinds of wind

Bassani slip-ons.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:39 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
35 to 40mpg with 95" SE heads, 203 cams and thunderheader exhaust. stock carb 190 main jet and I forget the other jet!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
8-Ball

I have no idea with build number 7, but with any of the 98 builds, I was getting around 38 with a mix of riding... I'm a blipper...
Old 05-14-2008, 01:03 PM
grapenutless

dynageno I am surprised at your mileage, my dyna gets 45+ and my friends 91 fx gets close to 50!

the more mileage I see the better I feel about what I am getting
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-14-2008, 01:09 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I don't understand it either. Gonna do a check on the way to ES. I took the
Thunder slide out and rejetted according to Ron at RC.

You are talking 95" right???

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
grapenutless

probably the parts from my old carb are cursed!!!
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
probably the parts from my old carb are cursed!!!
you want it back???

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
grapenutless

that carb actually used to get me 45+ on my RK, ah the good ole days before 95" and cams and assorted other crap!

Nope keep it!

Still wear the shirt though!
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
that carb actually used to get me 45+ on my RK, ah the good ole days before 95" and cams and assorted other crap!

Nope keep it!

Still wear the shirt though!
What shirt?

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
dynageno I am surprised at your mileage, my dyna gets 45+ and my friends 91 fx gets close to 50!

the more mileage I see the better I feel about what I am getting
Geno's gas is very old... just sayin'...