Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Cooking Channel
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Cooking Channel Got a favorite recipe... share it here.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
On a Recent Trip

To Puerto Rico. I found Seafood Paella. This is my first attempt

Will post recipe if it tastes as good as I had.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Where's the bacon?

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 PM

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Where's the bacon?

I did find a recipe that used bacon grease to sauté the onions and garlic in instead of olive oil.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Ok. That looks terrible. I'm concerned for you. Bring it to me and I will dispose of it properly.

Bring the recipe too please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 06-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Those abductor muscles look tasty...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-17-2017, 04:11 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well? How was it?

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 06-17-2017, 07:34 PM

On a Recent Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by par_fore View Post
Well? How was it?

It was great! Rice just a bit to al denta in places. Gave some to a Latino friend of mine this morning to try. He said I nailed it.

I'll get the recipe posted up.

Last edited by vafatboy; 06-17-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:51 PM

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1½ cup Spanish bomba rice (a special strain of short-grain rice grown in Spain that absorbs 30% more liquid than other rice yet remains nice and firm) (if you can't find bomba, use the next best thing, arborio rice). I used the rice in the photo. Since I didn't have the Aneto base I bought rice already seasoned with saffron.
¼ cup white wine. I didn't have any white wine. Didn't try any substitute.
¾ cup fresh or frozen peas
1 carton (34 ounce) Aneto Seafood Paella Cooking Base. I couldn't find this so I used 26 oz of chicken broth and 8 oz of clam juice.
¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
¾ teaspoon salt
10 large shrimp
10 mussels, scrubbed
10 littleneck clams, scrubbed
⅓ cup grilled piquillo peppers cut into thin strips. Didn't use
Chopped parsley and lemon wedges for serving

Instructions
Heat the oil in a pan (I'm using a 38 cm paella pan) and cook the onions until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the rice and stir it around until the rice grains are covered in oil. (This accomplishes three things: 1) It helps prevent the rice from releasing too much starch while cooking, 2) it helps prevent the rice from sticking together, and 3) it helps improve the texture of the rice by preventing it from becoming mushy.) Add the white wine and bring it to a boil for one minute.
Add the peas and smoked paprika and stir to combine. Spread the rice mixture out on the bottom of the pan so that it's evenly distributed. Pour in the Aneto Seafood Paella Cooking Base.
Simmer the paella over medium-low heat until half of the liquid is absorbed.
Position the seafood the way you want it to appear in the final dish. Add the piquillo peppers.
Continue to simmer over medium-low heat for about another 20 minutes until the seafood is cooked through. Turn the pan every few minutes to position the different section over the flame to create that crispy bottom crust, the socarrat. I did not use this technique. Instead I cooked the rice until done specifically avoiding burning or crusting the bottom.
Remove from the heat and tent the pan with some aluminum foil for about 10 minutes. Remove the foil and serve immediately garnished with some fresh parsley and lemon wedges.

What I learned the first time around was to concentrate on getting the rice right and the seafood will take care of itself.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:05 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds delicious. I'll have to try this. Tonight I'm broiling sea bass. And made some Brussel spouts. With bacon!

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider